Thursday, March 7, 2013

Snarkiness that actually makes me laugh!

So apparently I'm starting to visibly show. I'm taking that to mean that you can tell at this point that I'm pregnant and not just overly ambitious at the sundae bar. First of all - this is awesome, second of all - No bump update today (yet anyways) because my husband had to leave for work really early today so a quality photo hasn't been taken - and I'm not sure I'll even have time for a bathroom selfie today.
Screw it - I took a bathroom selfie. 22w1d
Anyways...

Today and tomorrow are going to be busy so I'm going to make this short.

As most of you know, or have inferred, I work at a University. I spend most of my day safely in the confines of an office which only the coolest students see. But of course, I share a bathroom and other common areas with the general student population.

Let's just say I know a judgmental eye when I see one. So this morning when I was walking from the loading dock to the elevator and came across a group of 8 or so girls I noticed one or two of them looking at me. This is not usual. I am really awesome. People think I'm like a movie star or something... this is just a fact.
But this was a different look, the look at your friend while smirking and make a gesture with your eyes back at me look.
I'm not gonna lie, I think I look ok today. Like full face of makeup ok. I even used foundation and shit. My hair is straightened and I even had to thank prental vitamins this morning for making my nails look amaze.

So, the smirk kinda meant "take a look at HER" - at least that's how I interpreted it.

I came upstairs and asked my coworker, "Do I look weird today?"

Her response was that now that I'm showing - she thinks people might start seeing me - a young/awesome person - with a baby bump. And of course make the obvious draw that I'm some 20-something who's in trouble.

Ok, ok. I'm fine if people think that I'm young and still in college but pregnant.

But to those girls and their snarky smirks...

 photo 1or2fingers_zpsed609a1a.gif

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Show off that cute little bump!! Besides, I bet they are jealous because it is so obvious that you are totally AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute!

    Ignore them. You're awesome and they're just jealous of that.

    ReplyDelete