Monday, April 8, 2013

Schmamsterschmam



So I know that planning a vacation is kind of a ways away... in fact - pretty much any time that I'm not busy to the point of tears is quite a ways away after having our baby. But I'm so excited to plan the next big trip with the husband.

Of course in looking over pictures on facebook today, a friend of mine was tagged in a picture of the bikes/canals/houses of Amsterdam.

The hubs and I decided that every 5 years for our anniversary that we're going to do a big "honeymoon-esque" vacation and since he got to pick going to Mexico in 2011 for our real honeymoon, he gave me ownership of planning our next big vacation.

Hands down Amsterdam is the most beautiful city that I have visited in Europe and want to go back. Since we have some time to plan our trip I plan to make it awesome... what about GERMANY and AMSTERDAM in one trip? Maybe 7-10ish days of traveling total? In the SUMMER when it's not bloody freezing. Who cares if it costs a little bit more to travel then? Seriously... we only are going on a big vacation once every 5 years (and mini-ones in between... don't worry - we'll leave the house eventually in case you're interested in stealing our sh!t*... but I should call you out and say you're an @sshat* for even thinking that)

*Trying to minimize the swears... 

In order to finance this trip I'm saving $100/month until then. Which if my calculations are correct I should have about 5k to spend on this vacation. See future kids - saving DOES pay off!

Now if only I could get myself back on the study German fast track! Dutch is close to German right? I mean, Deutsch/Dutch? Common!

BIER!

1 comment:

  1. you should check out Austin-Lehman Adventures. I ordered a catalog from them to look at vacation plans for next year (just to get ideas) and it looks like they have some pretty cool all inclusive trips, and they do custom trips as well. I think I did see a couple for Germany as well. Just a thought, happy planning! :)

    ReplyDelete