Monday, August 25, 2014

What a fun weekend!

This weekend I played the part of a single mom while Brian went away for a continuing professional education. To be honest, I thought I was going to die of exhaustion but it ended up being one of the most fun weekends I've had in a while. Just me and the little man.

It started off with me having to work the company picnic. Nolan was my "assistant" for the day and helped me set up. He did mic checks, which is adorable, he'd take the microphone and just go "huh" in his breathy, noise making tone. I know he loves hearing his voice on the speaker!

He helped put this on, blurry photo and everything
I'm definitely getting those so-called Mom-Arms. With Nolan at my side the whole time, he was a little too shy to be on the ground with all these strangers, he stuck close to me. It was fine for me too because who doesn't love a good Nolan snuggle?

At the end of it all, he was pooped. Of course it was way past his bedtime.


I'd say one of the best parts of being a mom is when you successfully lift your sleeping baby out of his carseat, change every article of clothes on his body, and he doesn't wake up. I did stir him just enough to give him a bottle of milk before bed because I thought he might be dehydrated otherwise, but it was one of those "I'm just going to keep my eyes closed while I drink this" kind of things.

The next day was Maddie's first birthday! Maddie is his friend from daycare and the daughter of our daycare provider. Once again he was a little apprehensive to be around all these strange people, but he quickly took to playing with other kids his age when he found the toys of Maddie's that aren't kept in the basement. New toys made him a very happy camper.

The only picture I have from the birthday party is the birthday girl eating her smash cake and she doesn't have her shirt on. Since she's not my daughter I'm not posting the picture, but I assure you it was adorable.

Sunday was Cyclone FanFest and Nolan and I went to Hilton Coliseum and met a lot of the players! Including all the Women's Basketball and the Volleyball team. He even got his picture taken with Coach Rhoads. I'm getting this one made into a tshirt fosho.


For those that don't know, Coach Rhoads is kind of an Ames celebrity and very adored by Cyclone fans! The fact that he's holding Nolan and making THAT face while Nolan is like "jeez, can we be done?"

Well it was all a pretty spectacular weekend with a little sprinkle of redemption which I'll talk about tomorrow. Hello teaser alert!

ETA: This picture of him passed out after FanFest

1 comment: