Monday, February 16, 2015

Walking Dead-Asleep

I think my little man is karma for my parents who had to put up with a little non-sleeper such as myself as a kid. I was told I had night terrors in which I woke up screaming bloody murder and couldn't get consoled by my parents.

Nolan is acting a fool in the middle of the night. It's been pretty consistent too. Between 1-2 am the little guy just starts fussing until it gets to full on screaming. The kind that makes it feel like your throat would hurt if you were doing it. I've also heard him banging his head on the side of the crib too which is concerning. 

In my sleepy haze, I didn't think that it could be teething pain, but it very well could be. So I'm going to give a little tylenol before bedtime to see if that helps at all.

But for the sake of nostalgia and being able to look back at these days with an honest memory, Nolan seems to only want me in the middle of the night. If I'm in eyesight he wants to keep me awake doing everything possible to make sleep uncomfortable for me.

You usually sleep on your stomach with your leg kicked out so you look like the number 4? 
sleep
If looking upside down it looks like a the number 4 in my opinion... none of my fonts have that "open top" 4 I'm looking for. 
Well Nolan sleeps right were my leg would be.

I can't very well sleep with my legs straight down so I try to sleep on my side. The opposite side that I would like to sleep on mind you.

So I'm contorting to positions that will please Nolan (that little stinker) while desperately trying to sleep. When sleeping on the bed isn't enough, he crawls on top of me and forces me to hold him on my torso while he "climbs" up my body with his feet kicking me in the stomach, constantly searching for a comfortable position. 

I get up, rock him in his room and just hope that he'll go back to sleep if I get him cozy in his own bed.

Nope, screaming repeats, as does the sleep contortion that is being in bed with a 19 month old. 

I know he only wants me because I asked Brian told hold him last night and the screaming was pretty much the same as when he was in the crib except this time reaching both hands for me. I swear it's like the kid thinks Brian wants to throw him to a pack of hungry wolves with the way he's screaming. 

I tell myself when I'm awake and at work (with coffee) that at least this is temporary and while it's not pleasant, I'll probably look back on this time too and remember how cute it was that he reached for me, was comforted by me, wanted to be close to me... 

But for now you can send me money for my coffee fund. 

1 comment:

  1. (I just mostly wanted to say - weird that your graphic has a naked dude. lol)

    sorry that nolan's keeping you awake! =\ sending funds for Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete