Monday, March 13, 2017

Time Travel

Dang, it's been a while since my last blog. Probably the longest in between blogs that I've had since starting this whole blogger thing. And a brief glance at my most recent blog tells me that a lot has happened since then.

First of all, I'm sleeping WAY better.

KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD.

Maxwell was definitely having issues STTN until extremely recently. I don't know if he just grew out of it, or if it's because he had been in to his 1 year appt and they saw that he had an ear infection that I wasn't aware of. He was on cefdiner when he started to get a fever and we got a call to take him home from daycare. So I picked him up and got him into the doc that day and the pedi said that not only his ear infection wasn't going away after about 6 days on the antibiotics but he likely had RSV.

Side note: take your full course of antibiotics, people...

Anyways, they had to put him on a rocefin (sp?) injection regimen in order to really kick the ear infection's butt. But there's literally nothing they could do for the RSV. So I took a few days off of work AND THEN Nolan got sick. I would have thought it would be RSV but the pedi (a different one, our normal one is part time) thought it was the flu.

My poor babies!

So yeah, I was already on sleep deprivation but then added on two very sick kiddos made it really hard. Plus we took a ton of days off. Had my mom come up to help cover our butts to keep us from having to take an extra 2 days of sick leave to be with the kids.

Ultimately, when the rocefin ran it's course, I think it helped Maxwell sleep through the night which has been a real life saver.

But enough of the sick update (cuz I could go on and on) and here are some photos!

Friends reunited

Showing Maxwell around the butterfly wint

This is about as still of a photo as you'll get of him...

... unless he's sleeping with a balloon

Maxwell with Grandma!

Nolan with his famous positive demeanor and lunch of pb&j, cheese, and yogurt

Maxwell chill with his hair in a man bun

Maxwell digging into the cupboards

Siblings and cousins (meeting Logan the first time!)

These kids love each other!

Mr. Ham

Nolan having "so much fun"
I think Maxwell's officially a toddler and is now starting to express his dissatisfaction with whatever is just out of reach or when I don't give him food fast enough. He's also getting more verbal pointing at things asking "that?" [da?] requesting "baba" [baba] and "ball" [ba].

Nolan is really good friends with a few kids at daycare which is really fun to see. Just instant friends with one in particular. We had him and his family over to the house this weekend for pizza and play time. They got along until they didn't and then they were ticked. When they realized that it was almost time for them to leave then both kiddos started acting like besties again.

I'm also back on "project: me" wherein I put my health a priority. I suppose an update for that is in order but so far so good! I'm focusing more on how I feel and how I treat my body by the fuel (ie food) I put into it and making the 10,000 steps/day goal a reality.

But this is all I can literally write today. I can't seem to remember much or have any focus or direction other than the brief synopsis above :)

1 comment:

  1. ROFL at the man bun and sleeping with a balloon....

    ReplyDelete