Monday, March 8, 2010

Recommendations

As someone new to the blogging “industry” I have found that recommendations and ideas are just as important to capturing a reader’s interests and hopefully helping someone outside my bloodline.

That being said – I know sometimes my writing is poor, however to give you an idea of my day, I spend at least 8 hours doing computer work on a daily basis. When it comes to the weekend, my computer time is spent checking out facebook (every day) or PostSecret (updated Sundays).

Since I changed my WI day to Saturdays, that has resulted in a weaker display of my writing abilities. So I’m sorry readers, I’m really trying to find my voice in this world!

So my recommendation:
I am currently enjoying listening to Podcasts as part of my daily or, day I say it, hourly motivation? Sometimes I need that extra reminder that I’m in it to lose it (see what I did there?). My Podcast recommendation is called “Fat 2 Fit”, or as my boyfriend so lovingly said, “Fit to Fitter”. Awwww.

I really hope you check it out on iTunes or their website. They are two regular guys who have put out 90 (??) podcasts now and have great topics each week. The podcast follows a program of calorie counting, and establishing the habits of the healthy person you want to be. Their system relies on the practice of never eating below your BMR, and also to take other weight loss victories into consideration (ie losing inches) because it’s not all about the scale. Now I’m no dietitian like my sister but I believe they follow a healthy and realistic approach to weight loss; focusing primarily on the calories in versus calories out.

Here’s a personal victory today:
My boss brought in some treats (I’m talking every kind of cookie and brownie bites) from Corner Bakery. I didn’t eat any! And this was especially hard because I smelled the yummy chocolate when I was closing up the bags in the break room so they wouldn’t get dried up overnight. I’m such a good assistant. You could call me Mom of the office since I’m the only full time employee that empties the dishwasher!

Challenges:This weekend I’m going to a bachelorette party so I’ve gotta be prepared for the yummy food and alcohol that this will bring!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH BACHELORETTE PARTIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shout out to Sarah & her website!

    PS - I haven't looked at your website in a week b/c you hadn't posted for a while & was pleasantly suprised by your 2 posts!!

    ReplyDelete