Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Don't ever sign up for a "free" magazine subscription...

Guess what I noticed when I meticulously scanned my credit card statement for recent purchases today?


That's right my friends, I was so conveniently automatically subscribed a subscription to Sports Illustrated Kids!  How great of them to sign me up for a magazine that I clearly never would read.  I was just delighted that without my knowledge they somehow kept my credit card on file from when I signed up to receive 3 free issues of regular grown up Sports Illustrated (for the fiance to read instead of the Journal of Sports Physical Therapy or JOSPT) when buying a pair of running shoes LAST SUMMER.  So they must have just known that I was just dying to know what a child's interest is in sports.

May I add that they used a credit card that since I received it (and since they received my info initially), I've lost (smart) and had 2 new replacements for since then.  So somehow they have some sort of round about way of keeping your credit card info on file even when that's not the most current credit card number you have.

So through some major internet digging I find a customer service number on the grown up Sports Illustrated website, I call them and they ask me if I'm sure I want to cancel.

Reasons why I don't read Sports Illustrated Kids:
-I hate sports
-I don't have kids
-That's it.

Don't try to sell me on a magazine that literally will be taken from my mailbox to the garbage without so much of a glance at the cover.  Just don't.

In the interest of passing off a lesson to my readers:

CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD 
STATEMENTS REGULARLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment