Saturday, May 28, 2011

BABY, I LIKE IT!

This is what PRIDE looks like! 

Oh baby.
First of all, I want to thank Sara for asking me to do this in the first place.  I hadn't known she was going to run it I don't know if I would have gathered up enough courage to do so!  The first half of the race (well MOST of the first half) we ran together.  And quickly I may add!  Our pace for the first 5 miles was in the 9 mile family.  The hard part was the 2nd half.  At about 4.5 miles my legs were starting to tell me to walk - as were my lungs which were striving to get oxygen for my muscles!  But we were pretty much just kicking ass and taking names.

The second half of the run was very much a challenge.  If I could do the whole thing over again I would train longer and earlier.  But I still ran most of the way.  My thought going in to the race was that I didn't want to put a ton of pressure on my body so I was completely ok with walking part of the distance.  I would say overall I probably walked about 3/4 of a mile throughout the race.
Sara and I before the race!

 After the race we were greeted by our adoring public, we retrieved our swag (metal, noms [read: food], and an awesome stadium blanket that folds up nicely into a little bag.
FINISHED!
I'm basking in the glory of the run, but also icing my knees and ankles which will undoubtedly be sore tomorrow!!!  Sadly, I think I want to do it again!  WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's so amazing :-) Keep up the incredible work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! And great timing too!!!

    Tori from A Journey to a New Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome awesome job! I love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete