Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Moving to Greener Pastures

So it's official - the stuff that's been boiling inside me now for years can finally come out!  In 9 days I will no longer be an employee of my current employer.  Since this is a public blog I'm going to keep this generic... but anyways, I'm quit relieved to finally be ending my journey at this company.  There were times when the bad certainly outweighed the good.  I am going to miss the family atmosphere at work but I'm not going to miss certain things... (things I typed out originally but deleted in fear of the people that I'm writing about ever reading this blog).

My husband and I are moving back to IOWA.  The best freaking state in the world.  I didn't realize it until long after I left exactly why it's sooo amazing.  Of course the things that top my list are my family and friends being within driving range, ISU tailgates, beer that costs less than $9, and people that let you pass them on the interstate without appearing to hold a grudge afterwords and fight you on the road for miles at a time.

-While I'm on the subject of beer (since the topic doesn't leave my mind until long after I type those words) I remember it was VEISHEA 2008 when I came back to visit a bunch of friends.  I surprised my brother at a bar and since I was newly employed making the big bucks in Chicago I wanted to buy a pitcher.  Someone chimed in and said "woah, don't do that, the pitchers are expensive - they're $7" to which I replied "then I need TWO!"  I couldn't believe how cheap beer was - even after living in Chicago less than a year the low price of alcohol never ceases to amaze me.

Iowa Stubborn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWvIVwRMyA


"But what the heck, you're welcome,
Join us at the picnic.
You can eat your fill
Of all the food you bring yourself.
You really ought to give Iowa a try."

2 comments: