Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!

Halloween is an interesting holiday.  First of all, it's one of those when you're a kid that you count down the days for.  You plan your costume and dream about candy for weeks in advance.  You ask all of your friends "what are you going to be for halloween?" and then one of your friends tells you they don't celebrate Halloween because it's the devil's holiday.  And then you move on to another friend that doesn't think dressing as snow white and begging for candy doesn't seems devilish. 

Then you grow up a little, you're in middle school/high school and you think that you're "too old" for halloween.  You omit doing anything for this holiday with the exception of a scary movie marathon.  Not Scary Movie with Anna Faris, but SCARY movies!  With deals like "5 Movies for 5 Days for 5 Dollars" [RIP Premiere Video] me and a friend went through almost every single scary movie that store had to offer.

Then you grow up some more.  And the holiday becomes "who can look the skankiest?"  Well obviously I win:

Garth and Kat


Can you tell the difference?

For those of you who aren't familiar, Garth and Kat are a hilarious singing duo that appear on Saturday Night Live's weekend update.  They are "prepared" for their appearance and sing songs that represent the holiday season. 

Of course when I wasn't standing near Garth, I looked suspiciously like a blond version of my mother. 


Our Halloween was so much fun!  We were invited to a house party (a friend of a friend of a friend style) and it was pretty much my heaven.  This party had everything, Karaoke, beer pong, flippy cup, tons of food (including guacamole and the chicken mixed with wing sauce and ranch dressing dip that I go nuts over), a haunted house, cave men, Michael Jackson, gypsies, Garth and Kat, two referrees - a blind one and a slutty one (guess which one my husband was), Pebbles, Bam Bam and Fred Flintstone, Rainbow Brite... and I forget what else! 

I thought it was great that the people that owned the house were so generous and provided beer and food and didn't even want to get money in return.  When the night came to a close, I thanked the party host by interrupting his conversation saying "I'ma let you finish, but this was the best Halloween party of all time!" 

What was everyone else for halloween!?

No comments:

Post a Comment