Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Food vs. Noms

I just had an entire inner monologue about what the difference between food and noms is. 

For those of you who aren't familiar with the word "noms", noms (I believe) is the LolCat vernacular for food.  Obviously diminishing vocabulary by using the sound one makes when eating something that is delish.  "Om nom nom nom!" 

Whenever I go to a restaurant, I'll typically have "noms", meaning I'll have something delicious that comes with a side of french fries.  Whereas if I eat an apple, it's just "food".  Does this make sense?  I'm just trying to help you out there who haven't quite figured out how awesome noms are, and how fun it is to say.

Noms:
Cheetos
Guacamole
Pizza

Food:
Apple
Banana
Yogurt

I suppose you could argue that all noms are food, but all food is (are?) not noms.

I'm really bored at work.

1 comment:

  1. I have a third category of food -- the nosh. That's food that not's necessarily bad for you but that you typically eat only at parties. Like a plate with fancy cheeses, crackers, salami, gherkins, black olives -- that'd be a nosh plate. Kind of like "posh" and "nom" put together.

    Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete