Thursday, February 9, 2012

What I'm Wearing To Work


Thank you Express for suggesting a completely work appropriate outfit for me.  I look to your style to maintain a youthful vigor at work and now realize that I've been silly wearing anything under a blazer.  You really are an inspiration to me and my wardrobe.

Now seriously - why doesn't Express give actual outfit ideas for people to wear to work?  Why not a skirt and cute top with a necklace or something?  Who in their right mind would wear an entirely white outfit to work (Dr.'s who wear white robes aside).  Especially women - for 2 reasons.  The first is because white is a notoriously unflattering color.  The second reason you can figure out on your own.

And not to be weird or anything, but Express is super freaking expensive.  I understand that maybe if you're in college and just looking for a way to be trendy and cute you MIGHT wear this, but without even checking online, I'm guessing that blazer is at least $150 and the pants are $60.  Unless you're parents give you lots of money for clothes then it's kind of silly to expect a younger (read: broke) girl to buy stuff like this.  You need a job to buy their clothes, but if you wear their clothes YOU. GET. FIRED.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. I saw an awesome blazer at Express the other day, and it was well over $100. To make it worse, it was polyester. While I have polyester in my wardrobe, I will not pay $100 for polyester.

    ReplyDelete