Monday, March 5, 2012

My Life Has Been Taken Over By Zombies!

I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize that I'm deathly afraid of the Zombie Apocalypse. 

Ok - so I know it's an irrational fear... but zombies scare the absolute crap out of me.  Last week I had a dream that I was trying to survive in a zombie apocalypse and since then I haven't gotten the thought of zombies out of my head.

This weekend I watched the entire 1st season of The Walking Dead on Netflix.  Don't get too worried, the first season is only 6 episodes long.  But I watched them all this weekend.  The show and the concept TERRIFIES me.


Scared yet?  Well you should be.

That wasn't even the scariest picture I found when I googled "The Walking Dead"  and clicked on images.

I find it very therapeutic to research as much about a show or movie that scares me to prove that it's not a real thing.  Fun fact about Walking Dead - The zombies cast for the show had to go to "Zombie School" to learn to walk and move like zombies!!!  More fun facts you'd like?  SURE - The "human" cast of the Walking Dead eat lunch separately than the zombie cast of The Walking Dead.

I hate to say this - but I'd be so damn useless in a zombie apocalypse.  Running, screaming and attracting more zombies would be my greatest skill.  I was washing my face this morning, and I half expected to see an undead standing behind me.  I seriously closed my eyes and saw zombies.  But I guess I'm going to put this theory to the test because I just signed up to run a Zombie 5k!  This most-awesome-race-I-could-ever-dream-of-and-I'm-kicking-myself-for-not-coming-up-with-it-in-the-first-place is going to be one of the biggest motivators I've ever had to train for a race.  It's not training for time, although I will want to be fast - it's training to be fast to avoid zombies!

Two types of Zombies:
Chaser Zombies - probably the most terrifying, they are the ones that will be fast and chase us!!!
Stumbler Zombies - also freaky, but they're the ones that will walk slowly, and scare the crap out of me just by being there!

Obstacles:
There will be 12 man-made and natural obstacles throughout the course of this race.  Pictures have shown crawling through tunnels, BLOOD LAKES, rope climbing, etc.  But the obstacles aren't revealed until you're actually there on race day! 


http://runforyourlives.com/

Best decision I've made in a while.  Special thanks to Kristina for mentioning it to me, her timing couldn't have been more perfect! 


I'm sorry, I am so damn distracted about zombies I can't even concentrate on writing about zombies.  I AM SO EXCITED!

2 comments:

  1. If you are enjoying The Walking Dead....you would love the recap on about 2 or so hours after called, The Talking Dead. It recaps the show that was just on & sometimes with an actor from the show or a "famous" person.

    *On a secret note, James has been buying the comic books! I just started reading them!

    ReplyDelete