Monday, May 13, 2013

Summer Time And The Livin' Is Easy



It's SUMMER TIME as far as I'm concerned. Living in a college town has it's perks... for instance - I think it's HILARIOUS to drive down the main street in my town and hear drunk people fighting. I seriously do. I'm just glad I don't live on those streets hehe (but then again, they're absolute dumps so pretty much ONLY students live there and I'm sure they don't care).

To clarify, I mean couples having those "nothing" fights that Dane Cook jokes about. You can bet I drive a little slower down the street if I see a couple about to break up over the fact that the dude said hi to a girl he's known since kindergarten. ALL windows are down. I don't care if it's -20 degrees. This needs to be heard in surround sound.

Of course with students comes traffic. And lots of people in line at Target... and other minor inconveniences such as the fact that the bathroom at work is extra dirty because I share it with the students who take classes in my building.

But it's summer time. The first weekend after moveout.

Ho.Ly. ShARt. It's a different world and I love it. I can turn left onto busy streets without waiting for 25 minutes for a tiny clearing of cars!
But I digress.

Probably the best thing about summer working at the university, is SUMMER HOURS. 7:30-4:00. We come in earlier, take a shorter lunch, and leave earlier.

Today is the first day back to summer hours and I must say my body has not yet adjusted to that extra half hour less of sleep I got. So yeah, that's pretty much the point of today's post.

Also, I have less than 60 days til due date. (58 to be exact)

WHOOOMP WHOOOOMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment