Wednesday, September 11, 2013

All The Things

My life is consumed by Nolan. It's so great!!

I know it's silly but it's hard to really put into words what's been going on recently.

I think the long and short of it is that my heart is overflowing. I sometimes look at Nolan and he'll start smiling at me and it just brings tears of happiness to my eyes. It's so hard to think of life without him. He's seriously just such a good boy!

Looking forward to the future, I have decided that we need to have semi-regular care for when me and Brian want to have date nights. So today for the first time ever I'm conducting an interview of sorts with a girl that I am hoping will be our babysitter! She's a sophomore in early childhood education so pretty much perfect. I hope that we can build a good relationship so that she'll be around for the next few years while Nolan grows up!

I'm meeting her today for coffee... it kind of feels like a blind date. I feel so nervous! What if she doesn't like me? What if I seem like an overbearing mother who can't leave her son without a novel of instruction to follow? Will Nolan like her? Will she be a good babysitter? How much do we pay her????

In all reality though, Nolan is a really good baby. He really doesn't cry much at all. As I look at him right now on his activity mat sucking on his pacifier he looks like he's just going to fall asleep. Those eyes are just open a sliver. Eventually he'll give in to the heaviness of his eyelids and close them completely. That's another one of my favorite things to watch him do. Just giving in to the sleepiness.

This last weekend Nolan met Christian and James! It was so much fun. We all went to Iowa City and my siblings were all there and he had his first 2 nights away from home. Previously he spent one night away from home at Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Eben's place.

Next week I am "looking forward to" Nolan getting his vaccinations. I say "looking forward to" because I know that they will help him boost his immune system and therefore be healthier overall. But I am NOT looking forward to him being in any sort of pain from injections.

Such a cute napper! If only he could do this without being held...

Visiting Great Aunt Lavonne

Loving his activity mat!

Killin' it at Tummy Time!

Our first restaurant outing with a waitress! (Hickory Park)

Napping with Uncle C!

Just playin'

Mini Brian and Regular Sized Brian

Mama having a little fun time without baby (Grandma Becky was watching him!)

Just looking super fly!

Looking at Daddy during Tummy Time!

1 comment: