Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Race Update!

One of the things I love about my husband is that he also blogs! Not sure if I've ever promoted his blog here, but I definitely recommend you check it out. Since he often times blogs about sports and stuff which goes over my head - I'll direct you to a particular entry that I think you'll get a kick out of since you like reading about Nolan... enjoy!

http://bsaltyman.blogspot.com/2014/05/saturday-may-24th-2014.html

In other news - this weekend I ran a 10 mile race! I ended up hurting myself which totally sucks. I'm actually bummed that I can't run until it gets better. My ankle rolled at mile marker 9 but it didn't really hurt then. I don't know what exactly happened to make this hurt because I just went to the doc and got xrays and there was no visible break or fracture. So I'm just supposed to gimp along until it gets back to normal. Wah wahhhhhhh.

My goal for the 10 mile race was to finish at about a 12 minute/mile pace which I got really close to! I finished just over 2 hours, so probably 12:30 average pace. I blame the crazy blisters I got towards the end which slowed me down. Honestly, I was shocked I didn't have a shoe filled with blood.

If I learned anything about myself and this race is a) I can do it, and b) I don't know if I want to do it.

People that run marathons (*cough* Kristina *cough*) are nucking futz in my opinion. I'm glad those kinds of race exist though so that people that want to challenge themselves in that way can do so.

So I make a statement here and now. If I ever say that I'm going to run a marathon - all of you collectively get to pick the biggest and strongest person you know to punch me in the face until I relent and say that I'm not doing it.

I think 10 miles is definitely my race distance cap going forward. But look, we're so smiley to be done!!!

I would like to run this race again some day and make a 10 minute mile again like I did the first time I ran it... #bucketlist #maybenextyear #hashtag


You go right ahead and feel free to purchase the photos above using this link mkay. A single image is a STEAL at $24.95.

While I'm on the subject of race photos - why are there only ones of me at the finish? I know I saw them during the race because I totally hammed it up for them. Like if I was walking, I'd start running so they didn't take lame "look at this lazy piece who's walking" pictures.

Anyways, that's that! Wish my foot some luck as I rest it and hopefully can get back on running soon! Looks like the husband, SIL and BIL might be doing a beer and bagel run in November. I hear it's 7k. Far more reasonable than a 10 miler. 

1 comment:

  1. NICE JOB on the race! (and seriously - $24.95?!)
    I hope I do as good when I do a 5K mudrun in July lol

    ReplyDelete