Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Not Without Coups, Babe

I officially love you if you get the Dane Cook reference in the title!

Since I've decided to talk more about my frugal activities I've though it would be fun to talk about the under used coupon crisis!!

I'm not addicted to online shopping, but I get my joys out of ordering something fun, letting my roommate know to look for a package of whatever awesome thing I bought- or better yet, actually picking up the package yourself and feeling the surge of joy that you have something fun, new and probably pretty to play with :)


Here's one thing about online shopping I didn't quite get until this past year - discounts are offered for almost every store - all the time! These discounts can range from free shipping to a percentage off the sale... or sometimes even a freebie with a purchase. My theory behind online coupons is this - if they don't pay for the brick and mortar costs of running a business, they save a lot of money by encouraging online business.



My recommendation for the day: ALWAYS CHECK FOR DISCOUNTS!

This is similar to ask to pay less that I wrote about last week, however it doesn't involve much other than a few clicks when you're online shopping. To offer you guys an example I did a quick google search of Bath and Body Works Coupons.

A few things to note right away:
  • 460,000 results come up. Stick to the first or second page though, many older/not even relevant coupons may be showing up.

  • When I entered "Bath and Body Works coupons" the BBW website came up 3rd, meaning that these websites promoting these coupons PAY to come up earlier in the search. This indicates that they have a more legit website than the 459,997 following websites.

Some of these coupons are printable, which is great if you have access to a printer and the brick and mortar location of the store, but they should also have an online checkout code too. Online checkouts generally ask for this promotional code right away. Authors note: What is this promotion they're running that you save $0.04 on shipping? Whew, run right out and jump on this one!!!

This is about the easiest thing you can do to save a few bucks here and there, especially in the midst of the holiday season!!!

Happy frugal shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment