Monday, December 7, 2009

Pathetic/Awesome Weekend

Wow my weekend was a bit of a rollercoaster!! I can say with absolute certainty that I am no longer the 21 year old I used to be. I tried going out for drinks 2 nights this weekend (we better alert the church elders!!) and lets just say it caught up with me on Sunday.

Here's a quick glimpse though for what I did:

Friday night, my friend Jen invited me to her company holiday party. I wish I was smart enough to bring my camera to take a few pictures but I didn't. The party was at the Chicago Union Station, really cool location! I didn't know they have parties there but as you can see - they are pretty nice! This picture I pulled from the Union Station Website, this isn't from the event I attended, but it looked relatively close
The night was fun! They had a photographer there that took pictures of us with a Hollywood backdrop and red carpet! I'll have to remind myself to put those up later.
Saturday night I went to my friend/co-worker, Heather's apartment for a cookies and goolash party. I've never had such tasty food! Sorry to say but I was snacking on cookies and other delish stuff all night along with some drinks of course to conquer my thirst (only 3 Grey Goose vodka drinks that I SWEAR weren't that strong). I was only slightly convinced by my friend/co-worker David to go to Trader Todds afterwords for some karaoke awesomeness. (Editors Note: If you say "We're going to Trader Todds" I'm going to come with you) There I had 2 beers and then headed back to my apartment...
Do me a favor - Don't ever let me drink 2 nights in a row again. I was paying for it big time yesterday... without going into details, I was only slightly less sick than when I practically wished for death when I got the flu on Christmas Eve 2007 (thanks again, Mom!).

I guess I have to quote myself "As long as you have a funny story and no one was hurt, it was worth it." I had a lot of fun going out, but next time how about you come over to my place we'll play scattergories and we'll call it a night at 10:30? Cool? Cool.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea there were parties at Union Station! that'd be such an amazing place for a party.

    ReplyDelete