Saturday, January 9, 2010

Measured in LOVE!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! I’m about to turn another year older – wait… that doesn’t make sense… I better rethink my wording.


I’ve come a long way in my 26 years of life, I mean just last year I didn’t have a blog if that has any indication of how much more awesome I’ve become. I also learned to walk and talk and stuff but I did most of that learning in the first 5 years of my life so the subsequent 21 years seem to be mostly learning life lessons such as:

-When your dumb (now ex) boyfriend cheats on you with his ex, don’t take his pathetic ass back!

-Tailgating is to college students as ice cream is to 7 year olds.

As of late, my biggest accomplishments have been moving to Chicago. Getting a “real” job and actually paying off the 5 year party that was my time in Ames. Sometimes I think these accomplishments aren’t all that much. What I should really do is make one of those “bucket lists” except my deadline will be 30 instead of death (kind of one in the same if you ask this 26 year old!). But I don’t want to come off like every sitcom since 1982 (they all have that episode, Friends: The One Where Everyone Turns 30)

This year for my birthday I’m celebrating at my fave karaoke bar in Chicago, Trader Todds. I love being the birthday girl at karaoke, people are encouraged to get drunk, sing and then give me shout outs while on the mic! Ahh, I’m really living the life!

I created an evite for the occasion and you can color me impressed that I actually have 12 RSVP’s yes. Not that I’m a loner or anything but it’s been slightly less of a party in Chicago than it was in Ames when I used to go drinking just about every night if I didn’t have to be up before 9:00 the next day (so just about most nights) and those along for the ride were about 50 of my closest friends who were pretty much the regulars at Chasers on Thursday nights.

The reason for this reflection is for once not due to nostalgia of my college days but more for the fact that I actually have a group of people in this city that want to hang out rather than just 2 years ago when all I did on my birthday was be yelled at at work go get a pedicure and then go to bed at a reasonable hour. So in advance of what will undoubtedly be a fun night, THANK YOU to all of my awesome friends that are coming and making this a special day!

Side Note: Seasons of Love just came on my Pandora playlist, “How do you measure a year?” – pretty spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment