Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another good day!

Happy Saturday everyone!! I'm sure that you've had just as hard of a week as I have, but I'm sitting here watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall and thinking about all good stuff for myself I've done this week.

On Sunday (Valentines Day) I moved from Chicago to Palatine! It was a big move for me, obviously as I've lived in Chicago for 2.5 years and being a suburbanite wasn't too appealing for me, but I have to say after one week living here it's SO AWESOME! First of all I have a lot more space, and this is in a one bedroom, one bathroom with my boyfriend! I did love my old place though and I'll miss my old roommie!

Another thing is the convenience of having close access to a car most of the time. I haven't purchased a car for myself... yet. I'm trying to put off as long as possible because as we all know, car payments suck! Right now, being a one car household is working well for me. I just went grocery shopping and took my time there looking at the labels of the food I was picking out.

I guess I'm just trying to write some garbage before I tell you that I LOST 2.4 pounds this week, and I have officially lost 12.4 pounds total!!! I went to a different weight watcher meeting today in Buffalo Grove, it was a nice facility and there were a LOT of people there. I've gotta say, it's interesting for someone to try and change their lifestyle and become healthier when they reek of smoke, but I digress. I also switched meeting days from Thursday to Saturdays so you'll probably see some better blog posts than I've been posting recently.

Challenges from this week:
Moving and organizing my crap - I prioritized getting settled in to my new apartment which was a hard task. Although the place is kind of a mess right now, it's that "I'm so comfortable in my new surroundings that it doesn't matter that I haven't tidied up today" mess.

Burger King - Umm did you know that their tendercrisp chicken sandwich is 20 POINTS! I ordered one on valentines day with mi novio when we went on a very special valentines date ;) It was my idea, I was starving and wanted something fast, we were going to go to Portillo's and get hot dogs but on the way there the thought crept into my mind of what exactly hot dogs are made of. So I made a quick decision on getting this 800 calorie sandwich with over 40 grams of fat... In the future, if you want to save yourself 310 calories, get the tendergrill chicken sandwich. Such an easy fix, and honestly the crispiness of the chicken doesn't really make that big of a difference!

Flat Top Grill - I have to say this wasn't so much a challenge as it was a fun outing. Yesterday I went ICE SKATING for the first time with Jen and Brian. Afterwords we were planning on getting some Chicago deep dish pizza from Exchequer but ended up walking past a flat top grill, which is kind of like a HuHot. You select your mixings for a customized stir fry. I selected a bunch of veggies and noodles with chicken and black bean garlic sauce. Of course I didn't have my handy dandy measuring cups so I have no idea how many points this whole thing was but I budgeted for it throughout the day and had 15 points left over for dinner so I figured I was ok.

Anyways, I'm totally excited about my loss this week, I'm feeling awesome!!! I hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment