Thursday, February 4, 2010

I hate to start calling this easy but...

I couldn't believe it. You could have knocked me over with a feather. But after a long weekend with the boyfriend's family, going to cheesecake factory and a 3 year old's birthday party with cake and ice cream... I was actually quite literally at a loss [for words] as I am down 2.4 pounds for a total of 9.4 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

I plugged this info into the WW website and they pulled up a warning for me... Basically it said I was losing weight too fast. The recommended weight loss is 1-2 pounds/week and my current average is around 3.1/week. There are some serious side effects of too quick of weight loss. So let me tell you what I'm going to do differently:

I'm going to eat ALL of my points - if you're not familiar with the program there is a daily target that you're supposed to hit. Points are calculated based on the calories, fat grams and fiber grams. The formula is supposidly top secret but you can look it up if you google it. I get 23 points/day plus 35 points allowance for the week to "spend" as I wish. Since I started I've been reluctant to eat those extra points because I had this goal in mind and to me eating more doesn't seem to make that goal come any closer. You can also earn activity points which are calculated based on the intensity of the workout (which is pretty subjective if you ask me) and your weight. I definitely didn't eat my activity points... So there you have it, this is a major tweek .

I'm really excited about my progress so far!!! Thanks for reading and for your support (Rachael).

2 comments:

  1. Look who got a "Shout Out"!!!

    Great job! Stay away from the side effects of losing too much. I think if you do eat all the points, you are more apt to stay with the program. Quitting would, I assume, be easier if you felt starving all the time!!

    Have an awesome weekend!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey a BIG congrats to you !!!!!! Now start kicking !!!! love you.......m♥m

    ReplyDelete