Saturday, August 28, 2010

Don't adjust your eyes...

That's right, I'm sitting here in my bed at 5 am on a SATURDAY writing this. Yikes.

To take you a few weeks back I saw the movie Inception, the quick synopsis is that there are people that can enter your dreams and manipulate what your dream is all about. I definitely recommend the movie, but I'm almost positive it's been making me more aware of my BIZARRE dreams.

Well I just had a "bridemare"... or a "nightmarriage"... or just a stupid nightmare involving my wedding. This is the 2nd completely different dream I've had involving something really nutso involving my wedding. Saying in my dreams that things didn't go as planned would very much imply that I actually have planned everything for the wedding, but that isn't the case.

It was our wedding day, I was standing up at the alter looking at our officiant. It was a woman, heavy-set, maybe 50-some years old. She was giving her sermon but she kept mispronouncing things over and over again, for instance she said Piccasso like "Pick-aye-so" and we started to hear snickering in the audience (read: family and friends). I was mortified by this because no one wants people laughing at your wedding unless I do or say something incredibly funny ON PURPOSE! So we are reading our vows and I guess part of that mean that we would get ice cream cones to "enjoy" while doing so. Some sadist gave me a chocolate one that kept dripping on my dress! Well this was all happening while people were snickering and so finally the officiant calls out to everyone in the office, as if they're children in a classroom, that it's not a funny situation and they should try doing it (or something to that effect). Then the woman proceeds to turn to me and start bitching about everything. I literally said "Lady, I don't care, just move on with it!"

And then I woke up.

Please, stop your tears, I know that this dream was very moving and scary that the effect may have transferred even via blog post. Or rather you understand that it was just a dream, a stupid one at that, and you wonder why I am still awake at this hour instead of lying peacefully cuddling my favorite soft pillow?

Well my heart was POUNDING when I woke up!

Almost as much as the dream I had last week which was probably much bigger of a nightmare.

Since the dream was a few nights ago the details have faded but... I woke up in my dream next to my fiance! Well I had to RUN out of there so he didn't see me on our wedding day. So I'm out getting ready, hair, nails whatever you do on your wedding day and I go check out the reception hall. Turns out they put tables and chairs in the CHURCH, like actually where the pews are and the Crucifix and all! So basically my reception was going to be in a CHURCH with Jesus staring down at us the whole time. I kind of got the vibe that having this type of presence would be a major buzzkill and people would basically leave because it feels so wrong to get drunk and dance in a church. If you want a clearer picture, it was at Holy Family in MC (assuming you've been there), but kind of a hybrid with St. Joseph, all wooden but apparently they had some sort of balcony you could go to also.

Also, I realized in the process of things that I didn't even pick out a pair of shoes to wear or buy a garter. So I either asked my Maid of Honor or was going to go myself, not quite clear on that because right around then was when I woke up!

Fwew. Feels good to write out your dreams. Now in few years I can look back on this and totally laugh at how much of a fuss I was making while subconscious!

I know I have a few readers (probably most of you actually) that are married, did you ever have these wedding nightmares? Can I call them Bridemares or does that seem stupid?

2 comments:

  1. I had approx 638485029 dreams like that before our wedding! Some entertaining but all annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that because 85% of your brain is thinking about wedding things, it is bound to pop up in your dreams! It is good to get them out now, because then you know that the REAL day will be perfect and nothing nearly as RIDICULOUS as what happened in the dreams could happen in real life!

    ReplyDelete