Monday, August 30, 2010

Trying Something New

Ok, so I think I've told you guys about Groupon before, an amazing website that you should be a part of if you're near one of the cities that they host.

About a month ago I purchased a Groupon for "intense pulse light hair removal" so I don't know if that means laser removal or whatever... The cost was $150 bucks for like $900 worth of sessions. I've been thinking about this for a while so I was sold! Anyways, I FINALLY got a call to set up my first appointment. I'm so excited!!

Since this is obviously a discounted item the only allowed for certain areas to be taken care of, my selection is my underarms (others were upper lip, chin, bikini, and men's hair line). Not to be disgusting but that's just a part of my body where there should never be hair and I hate shaving there daily. So my first appointment is still 4 weeks away but I'm really excited to let you guys know how this goes!!

What I know right now is that there is a series of 6 treatments, with 4-6 weeks in between treatments. The reason for multiple treatments is because hair grows in cycles and the light can only permanently destroy hair follicles that are in the active growth cycle. Most patients see 80-90% reduction in hair after all 6 sessions. I'm hoping that I'm more like 100 but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment