Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where did I put that wagon again?

So I'm falling off the wagon - sort of. After getting engaged I decided it was a good idea to call it a quits with my WW membership ($40/month) and my gym membership ($80/month). To be honest I was kind of getting sick of going to WW meetings and my gym doesn't have any classes so the expenses were a little too high to keep up considering we have to buy dinner for like 230 people in 11 months! Not that I'm complaining!

To be honest AGAIN I'm kinda sick of writing about this stuff soley on my blog because when I'm not always perfect it's not exactly fun to confess to my 3 readers haha. Anyways, this will morph into a mashup of wedding planning/working out! If you can't tell, I haven't really found my blog voice yet.

Anyways, so many people are asking about our plans and I am excited to announce that we picked a date, location, DJ and now we're in the works with picking our photographer!

So far we've been bleeding money with these deposits and what not, I must say, I'm very VERY fortunate to be marrying someone with the good sense of not spending every nickel like I do. I currently am paying what I can on my student loans and paying credit cards every month (by the way I'm 100% credit card debt free, I just pay off what I use that month! HUGE ACHIEVEMENT!).

I'm really excited for my wedding, last night though I had a dream-mare (that's my word for a dream that goes bad but doesn't really fall into the nightmare category) that my whole wedding just came and went but I didn't get to hear any toasts! So I decided that I need to make a list of things that I definitely need to happen at my wedding:

-Hear toasts from Maid of Honor, Best Man and SIBLINGS (this means you R) if they want to give one
-Dance to Cotton Eyed Joe
-Dance with my mommy! (tear if I don't!)
-Make by brother pay up to the $5 bet we made when I was in 8th grade about whether or not I'd play "My Heart Will Go On" at my wedding (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't think he reads this, it's gonna be a surprise!)

So yeah, that's about all that's going on right now... oh and I guess we kind of picked our colors, purple and silver! If you don't like it, well who cares!

Tonight I'm going to try to go for a run, last time I ran for approx. 1.8 miles according to my app runstar (it's on the droid, but you might get it on iPhone too). It's a free application that tracks where you're running with GPS and plays music with a "power up" song in case you need a little boost! It's really pretty sweet. I've set my goals to run 12.4 miles this month - that is totally achievable! And I'm gonna do it all outside! For resistance training I'm getting back into Pilates after years of not doing them. I can't wait til I can do the teaser without looking like a total goon!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I have to work on a toast now!!! Best be done before I have a beverage or two!
    James & I has been talking to the about being the flowergirl & the dancing king!! Evan will be all over Cotton-eyed Joe! He has a Dance Wii game that has that on there & he plays often!
    Good luck getting those running miles in!!

    ReplyDelete