Monday, October 14, 2013

THUH-REE MONTHS ALREADY?!

My baby is THREE MONTHS OLD! I can't believe it. 

I am so lucky that Nolan is my baby. For one thing, he's so darn cute!

Exhibit A
And for another, he's extremely well behaved. He never cries unless there is a reason. Thank goodness he's not colicky. I'm sure I'd love him just the same if he was, but I'm just so lucky.

So my little guy is now officially 3 months old. I can't get over it. I honestly can't. My life has changed so much in the last 3 months and every hour of missing sleep is totally worth it. 

I can't get over how much he's grown from when he was a brand new baby. At his last appointment he was 11 pounds and some change. When he was born he was 8 pounds 4 ounces. I wonder what he'll be at his next appointment next month.

So here's the highlights of what's happened this last week or so:
  • I got a bumbo from the consignment shop in town. I Luh-OVE this thing already. I can tell Nolan does too. He looks like such a big boy sitting in his new chair. I just got the thing yesterday so I don't have any pics I can easily access now (on digital camera, not my phone).
  • He's got a kinda/sorta breathy giggle. I can't wait til I hear the real thing.
  • He totally is going to say mama before dadda. I can hear the "m's" in his cries. I swear sometimes he does say "maaamaaaa" when he really needs me. I SWEAR. Brian thinks so too. 
  • We had a photoshoot yesterday to celebrate his 3 month birthday. And we've started a "grow with me" package so he'll have professional 6, 9, and 12 month pictures too. 
  • I shop for clothes for him still a little too much, but now I'm way more selective. I honestly needed to buy a ton of long sleeved shirts because I pretty much bought his entire first year wardrobe before he was born. Therefore only the summery stuff was out. So yeah, I needed to buy new clothes. It's consigned clothes so I totes feel ok about it. Seriously, it's not that much money. Yes, I realize he's going to grow out of them soon. SHUT UP I won't stop buying clothes for him. 
  • Last week was his first week of daycare... 
This is a fake smile
It was a tearful morning last Monday when I dropped Nolan off at day care for the first time. He's my little guy and only I know how to take care of him! What if he doesn't get held the way that he likes to be held when he's upset? What if I didn't send enough milk with him?

But more upsetting was just being away from him at all. 

I've been away from Nolan a few times since he was born, but until last week it was never for more than... 4 hours tops. And that's a liberal estimate. It was extremely hard. Up until I was actually driving him to the day care it didn't feel real. Then all the sudden it hit me. 

Luckily, throwing myself back into work when it's extremely busy has helped with the transition. I don't have time to really think about how much I miss Nolan when I'm this busy. That's helpful in a way.

Here's a picture of us together this morning on his THREE MONTH BIRTHDAY!
This time my smile is just super goofy! But we got a Nolan smile so I'm using this one vs. the other one where neither of us look ready.
Awwwww he's so cute. Should mama get him a cupcake for his birthday (and then eat it herself)? Who am I kidding, that's what I'm doing!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Internet; I love that we can follow along with Nolan's life even though we are in another state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww the DaycareDropOff photo breaks my heart! he's too cute - LOVE the clothes line picture!!

    ReplyDelete