Monday, June 30, 2014

What Happened to my Camera!

Semi-Annual Resolution: Take more freaking pictures!

So I filled a book with Nolan's pictures of just his first 2 months of life. Now that I'm nearing his 1st birthday I'm finally filling out the final pages of his 2nd book. I noticed that I'm taking pictures more mindfully, but at the same time that means I'm not taking pictures on a whim on the off chance that I just catch a great shot.

Problem: Little babies/toddles move and they're fast! They don't get that they should pause for 5 seconds with a smile on their face while a camera is facing them. No, they'll grab for the camera or wiggle for freedom thus ending in a blurry photo.

Possible Solutions: Just take more pictures because it doesn't really cost any more... or buy a more expensive camera with a quicker shutter speed?

Per my post on Friday, I'm not looking to spend any more money right now. Since I'm spending what could be considered a car payment (for a used/well loved vehicle approaching 100k miles) each month on a cleaning service, I'm actually physically restricting myself from shopping.

Instead of online shopping, make this look prettier.
Goal: Just take more freaking pictures using the perfectly good camera you already have. I mean, at least once a week. Sometimes I can't remember when I took the last picture of Nolan. Get on it, Easley!

1 comment: