Friday, June 12, 2015

Cute Nolanisms

No... No... This!

Nolan, Brian, and I were watching TV yesterday. We went downstairs thinking we were going to watch Elmo (read: Sesame Street) and got the TV set up for the show. When we turned on our Amazon Fire (kind of like a roku) he cries out "veeees! veeeeees!!!" That's Nolan-speak for "movies."

We realized that he wanted to watch one of our digital movies. I bought a few grown up approved movies (ie, movies that wouldn't drive me crazy watching them over and over)

  • Toy Story (1, 2, & 3)
  • Little Mermaid (cuz, I can sing ALL the songs!)
  • Frozen 
  • Despicable Me 
  • Up (for when I need to cry about 3 minutes into the start of a movie)
He's a big fan of the Toy Story movies. He knows the names Buzz and Woody and thinks they're pretty amazing. 

So when we realized he wanted to watch a "vee" instead of "Elmo" I went through our video library.

Little Mermaid... "No"
Frozen... "No"
Toy Story... "Dis!!!!"

So we started playing the movie and Nolan happily settled into my lap for the duration of the movie. 

As an aside, that movie is TWENTY years old. Pixar did a helluvah job making that movie. It hasn't aged!

Yeh-go!

I picked Nolan up from daycare this week and Jamie said, "Your son got on top of the slide today and was just belting out "Let it go!" from Frozen."

We started a few lines "Let it go, let it go" and he joined in "Yeh-go! Yeh-go!"

Jamie said she tried to record some of it but when he saw the camera he clammed up. Little stinker.

Disclaimer:
I don't always watch TV with Nolan like this post may seem. But he does get to watch movies on the iPad when we're driving long distances. Or if we're at a restaurant and he's in "I want to run around instead of sit still" mode. 

Here's a picture that will make you think I'm doing something right as a parent:

1 comment:

  1. look at him going to town on that watermelon!! =P
    (Button also calls Sesame Street "Ehmo!")
    and omg so true about the first few minutes of Up!!!!

    ReplyDelete