Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hot and Cold

Hot: This morning I got free coffee at Dunkin. Holy baloney. Seriously? I go through the drive through because this happened early this morning after a storm in the middle of the night:


And they were all "yeah it's free coffee week and you don't have to pay." 

Cold: Got to work and found out the tshirts I submitted to trademarking didn't pass the requirements for ISU.

Hot: Had lunch with T -  ordered Panera. Was yummy!

Cold: Got back to work and a faculty placed a crap ton of stuff on my desk that I didn't need... he didn't need it either but thought we should keep it just in case... and be we he meant I should hold on to it.

So I got a little grumpy. It's almost as if a day of "colds" would be better than the juxtaposition of the hot and cold throughout the morning and afternoon. Now I'm tired and ready to go home. 

Yesterday, Brian texted me that Nolan had crocodile tears because when they got home I wasn't there and he was really sad about that. #thingsthatbreakyourheart

Also, and this is more scary, yesterday morning Nolan was playing on me (nothing unusual) but basically jumped on me knee first into the old ute-region. Scared the crap out of me and I called the doctor's to see what I should do. Basically they told me that baby is all cushioned in there and that I should just pay attention to feeling movements and stuff. Today, probably in part due to the caffeine, I've felt baby jumping and kicking all day long. The kicks have been super reassuring during the day and in spite of all the reasons to be grumpy I know that I've got so much to be happy about.

The doppler has been a huge help in keeping me sane during these first few weeks - but it seems like lately I've been using it 2x a day. I work up at 4:00 due to the storm and had a heart attack thinking I didn't feel pregnant anymore. I got up and went to the bathroom and my stomach didn't quite feel right. Brian woke up too as I scrambled for the doppler and the gel and found the heartbeat. Not quite satisfied with just hearing it, I needed to know it was fast enough so I scrambled my phone out and pulled up the stop watch app and timed 10 seconds while counting the whoosh-whooshes. It was in the 140s which is good and completely normal. Definitely reassuring. 

We're officially less than a week until our anatomy scan! I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. glad baby's ok after big brother's assault!!
    and ONE WEEK!!! EEEEEEK!

    ReplyDelete