Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Running Tab

Some fun things Nolan is doing/saying nowadays:


  1. The other day I got him a donut at the grocery store because we had no food/milk for breakfast so I needed to make the trip... he remembers where the donuts are stored because last time I went to the store with him I let him down and he walked straight to it and pointed at a chocolate frosted with sprinkle donut that he claimed as his own. 
  2. He used to say "downstairs" and "upstairs" with relative ease, but now when he says either it sounds like he's saying "houses" 
  3. Every time we hold him he's trying to give us more and more guidance "da-way!" with a quick point gives us the idea of what he's trying to get us to do
  4. Similarly, if he wants us to do something he hold out his hand and goes "han" and expects us to drop everything to hold hands. Recent things include going to the park and also going "houses" to watch a "vee" (movie)
  5. He loves the Lego Movie. 
  6. Yesterday we went to the park and I took off my shoes because it was hot and he wanted to do it too. When I put mine back on he flipped out because he wanted us both to be barefoot
  7. He says "owie" a little too much... he's not actually hurting but he's just not getting his way
  8. While his vocabulary/speech is really doing quite well (in my opinion) he still finds it difficult to communicate with us sometimes leaving him stressed out and seconds away from tantrums
  9. Finally (for today) - the most cute thing he's been doing recently is saying "hug" whenever he wants to be held. It's cute because how can you resist a 2 year old holding his arms out going "hug-hug!" or hearing him wake up and ask for a hug. The problem is that means he needs to be held, not a quick hug and be done! My arms are too tired!
Bad mommy alert here, I've been severely bad at taking bump pics this go around but I'm going to try and step up my game for the rest of this pregnancy. 

Pregnancy symptoms include getting extremely winded when going up stairs... especially when holding a toddler who needs to be "hugged" at the moment. 

1 comment:

  1. so cute, the asking/demanding to hold hands =)

    (speaking of demanding - BUMP PICTURES! please. lol)

    ReplyDelete