Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lately I've been- I've been losin' sleep

Well it's not a Friday... what the EFF?

Ok, it has been a long week and on Tuesday I definitely thought it was Thursday and today is the Iowa/ISU bball game so the Dean let us wear jeans so it definitely feels Friday-y (even though I never get to wear jeans *sigh*)

Long story short, it's been a rough few days sleepwise. First of all, Tuesday night - Nolan woke up around 1:30AM and I thought he had a nightmare so I was ok with sleeping in bed with him to keep him calm.

MISTAKE

(BTW, if you're a scrubs fan, I tried googling "Scrubs Opera Singer, Mistake" like 200 times, but kept spelling "opera" like "oprah" going HOW THE EVERLIVING EFF DO YOU SPELL OPERA/OPRAH?)

Well I was up with him for a good 2 hours while he was laying there next to me. I'd sort of zone off into sleep but he was awake the whole time. He was being incredibly sweet and sort of playful but not obnoxiously so. He saw me laying there silently (listening to him play) and he kissed me and said "night night, mama" which obviously melted my heart. But alas after 2 hours of essentially no sleep I gave up and moved back into my own room where I had about an hour and a half of tossing and turning because I couldn't get comfortable.

I can't sleep on my back because then I don't feel like I can breath
I can't sleep on my stomach because my stomach
I can't sleep on my left side because my rib hurts on the left and the weight from the baby puts more force on that rib
I can barely sleep on my right but my shoulder isn't comfortable...

What's crazy though is that, should everything go well, this will likely be the last time I'm pregnant. So I really only have 40-some days left of pregnancy EVER. So for now, even though some things suck, like getting comfortable while sleeping, it's really nice to remember that I'm going to meet a little man in just a few short weeks that I'm going to love as much as Nolan (which is a LOT).

I've got my FMLA all squared away and I'm taking the full 12 weeks off of work to spend with my lil man. Nolan will likely continue at daycare 3-5 days a week depending on how I'm feeling. I think it's more fair for Nolan to get to have structure with a daycare rather than with a mom who's too tired to feed herself (pizza every day?)

But yeah, I'm 33ish weeks and here's what's going on.

  • Weird pregnancy hormones are causing my hair to grow like crazy... ie, I shave under my arms but it's never enough... the next day I feel like a hippie
  • Back pain requires me to take a nice long hot bath about every day to soothe my muscles... not too hot though because then I might cook my baby (oh the things they tell you NOT to do)
  • I'm having braxton hicks contractions on the regular. Not at all painful but semi uncomfortable where my belly hardens. Usually happening after getting up after sitting down for a while, or exerting myself.
 I'm looking forward to:
  • Packing my bag for the hospital, keeping in mind that I want to bring more baby outfits than last time
  • Getting past December 18th where I have 2 large work events on the same day
  • January where I can really start counting down the days til baby gets here
  • Meeting this little guy!
If I pose with the camera at certain angles, I can almost look cute with my bump! There's another woman I work with who's due early January who still runs. 10. miles. a. day. She's cute, Italian, stylish, and I refuse to stand next to her for any reason other than the fact that she's extremely sweet and I love talking to her... but dammit - why does she have to be so darn cute? I mean, she's due before me but I look like I'm having triplets compared to her.

Without further ado
 Oh yeah. GO STATE!
My eye makeup looks atrocious. So this is what you're getting.

1 comment:

  1. you look SUPER cute! from all angles!!! (sorry sleep's been a pain... it won't get much better, lol)

    ReplyDelete