Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bick Two Werk

I'm going to start off with a brief update that daycare is not going that bad... although... I'm not loving the place that we're at. My biggest grief is that they misspell words (eg Catapiller) or... well just look.


"Reffused"

"Hole" (as opposed to "whole")

I use the wrong there/they're/their and your/you're on occasion, but usually when I'm not thinking about it too hard. I'm sure there's boatloads of typos in my blog. I don't claim to be perfect, but these seem like you'd want to take extra care to write words correctly for a parent sheet.

The above report was the 2nd day of daycare, and the day after the poison milk debacle. The first two bottles were "reffused" most likely because he had such mistrust for the bottle at that point - I don't blame them at all for that! But yeah... the spelling issue.

Anyways, I actually have to get out of this place. The daycare situation is "good, not great" at best. I've had a few people asking me recently where they ask how I feel about the place and sadly I just can't recommend it. So I feel like a terrible mother who's just biding her time until her kiddos are accepted at one of the many other places that she has them on a waiting list.

I guess the big positive is that this is definitely a cheap center. But that's what you want for your kids, cheap daycare right?

The day before I went back to work I actually talked to someone about getting an au pair. I really love the idea of having someone from another country come live with us and help teach our kiddos another language. Brian hates the idea of anyone else living with us. I understand that but... but! I WANT ONE.

Currently, we're slated to join a different daycare in December/January (if enough people move their kids or whatever).

When I get home, it's extremely disheartening that I only have about 2 hours before it's bedtime. Not to mention, the 5:30-bedtime is about the crankiest time of the day for the kiddos because they're TIRED.

So yeah, I'm back at work and it's sad leaving my kiddos behind, but there's definite good things for the kids to being in daycare. I always ask Nolan if he had fun and he almost always says "yes" enthusiastically! I ask if he sang songs, and played outside, and colored and it's "Yes! Yes! Yes!" He also tells me he has friends there which is really important for a young kiddo.




3 comments:

  1. What about getting a nanny, who doesn't live with you, who is bilingual? Would it be more expensive than a live-in nanny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a really great alternative, but yes it would be slightly more expensive. But now that you mention it, having a nanny for us that would come by maybe one day a week who is bilingual would be really cool! And not insanely cost prohibitive.

      You get a sticker for your awesome idea!... now if only I had stickers...

      Delete
  2. What about getting a nanny, who doesn't live with you, who is bilingual? Would it be more expensive than a live-in nanny?

    ReplyDelete