Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Blogging from the bath: let's make this quick

Two month Maxwell update in which I blog on my blogger app on my phone in the bathtub.

Maxwell, holy crap you're a great sleeper (knock on all the wood). With you I usually get a good 6-7 hour stretch of sleep before you wake me up for a feed.

[Imagine a gif of a standing ovation here... I don't have the wherewithal to insert one from my app]

This is bloody brilliant, I must say. With the rest I've been able to achieve with you I've been far more productive this maternity leave than I was with Nolan where I was in a constant zombie like trance from being awoken every 2-3 hours. This morning I made cinnamon banana muffins FROM SCRATCH and even included a few lactation helping ingredients... And didn't tell the hubs who tried them ;)

This is no offense to Nolan, you came to sleep in your own time.

Anyways, Maxwell just had his two month doctor appointment. We got him vaccinated per the standard vaccination schedule which included the rotavirus vaccine and the shots. Poor little thing... You weren't expecting the ouchies in your thighs! You screamed until there was no oxygen in your lungs and then you just went through the motions of screaming and your face turned burgundy. Thankfully the pain subsided quickly and you we're happy in my arms and asleep in your car seat before you knew it.

You are a smiling little flirt! You like to sick out your tongue when you smile and your chubby cheeks show off a dimple on your right cheek. Adorbs!

You're now 12#13oz and you have adorable rolls on your thighs and a double chin. This is totally acceptable and cute when you're an infant... If someone describes me the same I will cry.

I look at you and my heart overflows! I kiss those chubby cheeks constantly and play with your soft feet. I love getting you dressed and picking fun outfits, mostly hand me downs from your big brother (get used to that, sorry).

I'm starting to clear out my closet of maternity clothes and am selling them on eBay. So far I've made about $100 which in investing in non maternity wear for myself (my wardrobe needs a facelift).

In personal news, I'm becoming obsessed with figuring out storage in our house. Thinking about adding garage storage cabinets eventually among other organizational tools. I don't see myself as the mom who keeps all the toys from your childhoods, just the really special ones. As you kiddos grow up, we will clear that clutter to make room for the new toys you'll undoubtedly want!

I'm still in the tub and just going to submit without double checking for typos. Good luck figuring out any tricky sentences, but my apologies for making you do so.

1 comment:

  1. =) big boy! they get so big so fast! (Ms Mack TOTALLY did the same silent scream at her 2m shots... lol)

    ReplyDelete