Wednesday, June 8, 2016

N.I.P. Badass

N.ursing
I.n
P.ublic

Isn't it great that the acronym also spells "nip" so you can doubly make people uncomfortable just talking about it?

I have to say that my boobs freaking rock. This is my personal opinion and even though they're not in the same state that they were in my 20's they're soooo much more useful now. My baby has, thus far, been like 99% breastfed with ye olde bewbs. They just make milk! That's freaking amazing! I don't have to worry about bottles and sanitizing and making sure that things are a safe temp... all that is taken care of by my body.

Disclaimer: FED is best. I'm super happy breastfeeding, but everyone should feel like a rockstar whether they breastfeed/formula feed whatever. As long as you're not giving your kid margaritas, I think we're cool

It's literally the 2nd coolest thing my body has ever done. The first coolest thing is a tie for making N&M.

Freaking amazing.

But I wanted to give a shout out to the people at the park the other day that gave no f*cks about me nursing openly.

I got to wear my new dress out and about, too. The dress that I don't have to lift over my head to feed a baby with. Yes, I had to do this in a bathroom with Nolan once. Yes, I fed in a bathroom and the only thing I felt bad about was that the line was extremely long for the guests... but I didn't have a nursing friendly dress and there were NO other rooms available. So yeah. The people waiting in line forever probably thought I had some #gastrointestinaldistress

Do hashtags work in blogger yet? Shout out to Survivor Stephen Fishback if so.

I've got 2 weddings this summer, back to back, which this dress will get some mileage on. I got it in an indigo color. Check it:



I love the "high/low" aspect of it. Makes it fun yet casual. Going to be fun to dance in it! I'll be wearing cute heels for the wedding, but I want to get some casual, non flip flop, sandals so I can wear it to work.

But anyways, when I was done at the park instead of a squeaky/squaky baby, I had this baby:
PTFO
While at the park Nolan was forced out of the baby swings and onto the big kid swings and he took the change well! He's still being pushed. We'll work on him swinging on his own when he gets a a little bigger.


In case you were wondering, we weren't sharing a hat. I bought that one for Nolan last summer when we went to the Twins/Cubs game in Minneapolis.

See, I told you guys I could do a positive update! There is so much good that's going on in my life I need to focus on that. Sometimes it's just easier to write about the stuff that's bothering me.


1 comment:

  1. YAY for NIP! (btw - love the dress!) and um - Nolan in Max's swing? HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete