Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Can We Just Laugh?

I have been straight up exhausted today because of stress/anxiety that has been going on with my life which, for privacy reasons, I'm not really going to get into on facebook. No worries though, I think I have it figured out. But a consequence of being scatter brained and disorganized is a 2 hour anxiety filled MOTN wake up where you close your eyes and the anxiety just gets worse so you play pokemon go instead.

I digress.

Here's some stuff worth laughing at:

I bought some leggings the other day. They were supposed to be the chosen ones! They are black lularoe and in a way they were my own unicorn that I was waiting on buying because financially speaking, having 2 kids in daycare is a huge money suck. I finally feel comfortable splurging on myself and I bought a pair of leggings and was really excited for a versatile staple to my wardrobe when on the first wear I notice they're defective.

"Defective leggings?" you say. Yes. I don't know what causes it but holes just appeared everywhere in them. And when I went to the bathroom (we all do it so it's not TMI) I saw what appeared to be stars in the crotch of the leggings. But alas, they weren't stars, they were straight up HOLES in the crotch. First wear. And no, I didn't wash them yet because I wanted fresh softness against my skin.


So that stinks. What I'm really not enjoying right now is that, while the consultant is giving me a credit for new leggings, her shop isn't open right now and I wanted some freaking leggings NOW dammit. I'm also bracing myself for her charging me for shipping which I will straight up contest. This all in addition to the fact that I probably won't be able to get black again because A) I don't think she'll have them and B) I don't trust the quality she receives.

I'm sure you're all appreciative of the last 3 paragraphs about leggings.

In Halloween News:

Nolan has a costume to be a dinosaur and I believe he believes he's supposed to dress as a dinosaur but every time we've tried to get him in the costume he straight up flips out. But he doesn't have a problem with the new/used Buzz Lightyear costume we've already taken him to Halloween trick or treat activities in!


That's a kid who is excited for candy! 

How could I forget this big piece of news. Maxwell and I were in a parade on Sunday! Yes, Maxwell was IN a parade before he ever saw a parade. As you can see from my photographic evidence, he was thrilled and honored to be in this role. 


This was at the very beginning of the parade. I put the stroller umbrella over him for the duration of the parade and he was very quiet while I threw candy. 

Speaking of which, daycare freaking loves Maxwell. He is just the happiest baby of all time. Straight up. This kid rarely cries unless it's 7:00 and he's clearly ready for bed. He is a smiler and just all around pleasant. When we drop him off at daycare every morning we complete a sheet describing his mood and I've never had to put anything other than "happy" except when he's been up all night, but even then the daycare teachers always comment "he's SUCH a happy baby!" 

I might be biased, but I feel like he's an all time favorite for those teachers. I honestly felt like a teacher was trying to say those words without saying them because they shouldn't play favorites. Just yesterday when I dropped him off a teacher was like "he's just ALWAYS so HAPPY!" 

If you ever need a pick me up with the world's happiest baby, Maxwell is here for you.

Nolan's daycare report is also positive. He is in full on toddler mode so I don't really get the "world's happiest toddler" awards for him. But he was definitely a very happy baby. I was just too tired because he was also the worlds worst sleeper to see and appreciate it. 

He is friends with a boy named Luka who I always see him playing with when I pick him up. The funny thing is that I always notice Nolan is talking to the kids on the other side of the fence. I think these are older kids based on their playground equipment. 


The Salton family has enjoyed several volleyball games at this point. It's a really fun way for us all to experience Hilton magic without the congestion of Cyclone Basketball. Brian is definitely counting down the days until the first game. He got his tickets in the mail and I think he's really excited to drive up with his new license plates:


I'm an Iowa Stater. Always and forever. *winky face*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends had the same problem with the leggings she got from them. I like my Old Navy leggings. Especially their high waisted ones because they suck everything in.

      Delete