Monday, October 17, 2016

It Finally Happened

Nolan is a fully mobile toddler. It should come as no surprise that he is also an independent, free range, tantrum throwing, does what he shouldn't kid as well. He's awesome and for now I find what just happened cute.

He snuck downstairs when he was supposed to be in bed.

Yup, it's here! I no longer can trust that my toddler will stay in the confines of his bedroom when I leave the room. Unless I tether him there. Wait, I probably shouldn't do that. Should I? I dunno... I'll get back to you.

Anyways, the best/worst part of it was I was downstairs having my me time watching my grown up TV shows that simply wouldn't ever be on, even in the background, until he is MUCH older.

The Walking Dead - Series Recap

Basically, it was highlights from TWD's 6 seasons to prepare me for the season 7 premiere next week. Of course there wasn't a bunch of dialogue or them walking down a road.

Nope.

They were being eaten by freaking zombies. Shooting people. Fighting. Etc.

It wasn't until I heard, "I'm scared," that I realized my little man was watching for who-knows-how-long before announcing himself and also scaring the bajeezus out of me.

I put him back to bed and we sprayed our water spray bottle for monsters around his room before bed. Yes, it's just a spray bottle filled with water that we can spray for monsters. I'm not sure if this legitimizes the monster fear or helps give him some peace.

Anyways...

He came downstairs 2 more times after that.

1 comment:

  1. lol - oh no!!! (we use a child-proof knob-cover on the inside of Button's door, keeps him in until he's asleep. (when we go to bed, we open up his door for the rest of the night...))

    ReplyDelete