Wednesday, June 23, 2010

CHALLENGE ACCEP-wait for it-TED

So the fiancé and I have placed a bet. A “Biggest Loser” type bet where we see who has lost the most percentage body weight by July 22, 2010. That is one month as of yesterday.

I know I’m going to win! Why? Because I’m motivated and have steadily maintained a 15 pound loss for this year so far. ALSO I have you guys!!!

I know the whole maintenance thing is kind of depressing as I was doing such a great job there for about 2 months when I lost that weight… I gotta be honest though, I don’t regret being here at this maintenance level for the past few months. I’m actually quite proud and feel accomplished that it wasn’t just something that I did for a few weeks, found success and then gained it all back!

So the plan is to hit it hard! I’ve got my gym routine still in place, although I’m going a little less intense so I don’t a) overwork myself, b) get bored/anxious before going to the gym. When I first started working out in the burbs, my system was fantastic, I would get off the train and work out for nearly 1.5 hours before I got picked up by my then boyfriend/now fiancé. Well – I’ve gotta be honest with you ladies and gents, it’s hard to maintain that type of routine MOSTLY because it gets really boring to work out for that long!!

New Routine (I heard once that you should shake up your routine every 2-3 months to keep your body “surprised”)

Work out for 30-45 minutes 4-5 times a week, alternating cardio and resistance days. Yesterday was lifting for me. I find that I can do about 6 different machines, 15 reps, 3 sets each and that takes me a ½ hour. I don’t like lifting while I’m doing it but the next day I feel the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness – thank you Dr. Fiance). Cardio days I’m not stuck on the treadmill, but I mix it up with the elliptical, stairclimber or bike. When all is done, then I walk about 1.5 miles home! Whew, sounds pretty doable if I do say so myself.

My goal for you folks at home is to report what I’m eating on a daily basis and NOT lie about it.

Breakfast – 4 egg whites, hard boiled
Lunch – Small handful of almonds, string cheese, spinach and garbonzo beans (with olive oil), and a banana
Dinner is TBA, however I plan on getting some sort of protein because I’m donating blood today…

Feeling at the moment: Satisfied, full even! I'm eating all of the food I brought in today BEFORE I donate blood.

Since I’m newly engaged I’ve got a new mantra, “would the bride want you to eat that”. I’m trying to consider my mindset about a year from now and think back to what I ate that made me feel uncomfortable in my dress… Keeping this in mind will be a good motivator until the big day. After which, I’ll need some more mantras to keep me at that level so I don’t balloon up like I hear some new brides do (I read recently that newlyweds gain on average about 20 pounds in the first year of marriage!).

2 comments:

  1. It's sad but true...so far I've gained about 3 pounds since the wedding....NOT A GOOD IDEA. I'm just gonna hurry up and get knocked up so that it won't matter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES PLEASE DO! I need a baby around to play with, and you know you've got nearby babysitters if the need arises. And I'd do it for FREE lady!!!

    BTW, 3 pounds is nothing!

    ReplyDelete