Tuesday, June 29, 2010

According to My Droid...

... I have 23 days left of this biggest loser challenge!

So I guess that makes this day 7. So fiance and I weighed in today, I'm down 1.4 pounds and he's up - since he hasn't really consented me to say his weight online I'm gonna keep that number between me and him. But I do feel like I'm off to a great start and this daily (sort of) message is a great way to stay motivated.

To catch everyone up, this weekend I went to Iowa and we think we determined our location and our date! For the sake of keeping things quiet until we actually announce our date I'm going to omit that from this blog today.

Anyways, I'm proud to say that I didn't eat too much junk this weekend. I did have to go out to eat every meal and as we all know, restaurants like their butter to make things tastier and and in the interest of keeping my spirits up I didn't look up the calorie content ahead of time. I had enough on my mind. But Friday we had Subway for dinner and we shared a bag of baked lays, I had a Dr. Pepper though, regular- ie full of unnecessary sugar. And that was the way of the weekend... drinking regular coke and such when an easy and healthier alternative would have been water. But when you go to sleep at 2:30am and wake up at 7:00am because of your internal alarm clock (darn you!) then you crave caffiene big time. I had some coffee but not a lot. Something is so tasty about a cool refreshing soda on a hot day.

So yeah, I had my weaknesses but as you can see I didn't do too poorly for myself because I am down for the week!

Since we're on the note of weaknesses, can I please tell you that B-Bops is just about the worlds greatest food and if you ever see one you should go in and order a number 1, without onions, but with cheese. Their french fries are simply decedant and the burger is like oozing with mayo and pickles and other delicious goodies that makes you KNOW that it's definitely setting you back but you're so enthralled by the taste of this concoction that you'd rather die than never take another bite. Moral of the story, if you haven't tried B-Bops, you probably shouldn't because it's really that good!

So now we're on to yesterday, I have to thank my fiance for taking time on his day off to meet me at the train with my running shoes. I forgot them in the morning and realized that I did just about 5 minutes too late. My motivation for the day must have been a 10 because when he dropped me off I thought to myself that it would be so easy to just get in the car and go home with him and watch Valentines Day which came via netflix that very day. But alas, I powered through telling myself that a workout is worth it, especially after all my "bad for you" eating this weekend.

Yesterday, I ate really well:
Breakfast:
Hard boiled eggs, whites
Glass of milk

Snack:
handful of almonds

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich with extra turkey, pickles, tomato and mustard

Snack:
Light string cheese

Dinner:
Guacamole with chips

Dessert:
Chocolate dipped strawberries

All in all I'm not proud with my dinner/dessert combination and if I could do it over again I would probably go another route, such as the strawberries without chocolate. Guacamole is so stinking good though that I can't help but want to nom on every last morsel.

What's new in life (sometimes I hate talking about only food in my blog so I'm gonna try and write more personal stuff in here).
I did end up watching Valentines Day last night. I heard from a few different people that the movie was hilariou but I didn't really see it as such. I will give it that it wasn't as predictable as I originally thought it would be. I did cry at the very end with Julia Roberts' homecoming which she flew 14 hours for and had to leave the very next day...

I would say that it's worth it but I didn't think it was as funny as everyone made it out to be. Probably a C+ if I was going to assign a grade. An A+ for me would be like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or 28 Days Later - this is just a frame of reference as those are some of my favorite movies.

On a completely unrelated note, my next week is going to be fantastic! We get Monday off for the 4th of July (I guess the stock market celebrates on the 5th). I love when 3 day weekends give you the day off on Mondays BECAUSE they sneak up on you. Like, you put in a full week and sometimes it isn't until Thursday or so that you realize that the upcoming weekend is a 3-day weekend! So you work your 5 days, get a surprise long weekend followed by a shorter workweek. When you get Friday's off it's kind of a let down because you just have a short week followed by a long weekend and then a full week.

That's just my opinion, what's yours? Do you prefer to have Friday's or Monday's off from work?? Please share in my comments section below, I love reading your comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment