Friday, June 25, 2010

I deserve a metal...

… For posting 3 days in a row! *I’m sitting back thinking that “We Are The Champions” is playing loudly*

So yeah, I definitely rule.

First of all, I would have to say HAPPY GAY PRIDE WEEKEND to all my friends (gay, straight, crooked (?) whatever you are!). I found this picture at someecards.com. A great place to go if you’re just looking for a quick laugh over something relatively topical.

So yeah on with the show, today I’m a little tired and slightly unmotivated to be healthy because I’m going to Iowa this weekend, that means I won’t really get a chance to work out and I’ll also be tempted by tons of fast food… BOO!

Yesterday’s Dinner: Small handful of almonds and a salad with garbonzos, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, romaine lettuce and olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I was proud that I didn’t snack even though I really wanted to last night!

Today:Breakfast: I had a small bowl of cheerios with milk
Snack: Banana and small handful of almonds
Lunch: Turkey sub (1/2), some chips (like wayyy less than ¼ of a bag of those “fun size” bags of chips) and an RC cola – been a long time since I enjoyed a good RC cola haha!
Snack: 2 string cheeses (spread out throughout my afternoon
“Dinner”: since I haven’t ate this yet I may need to update later, but I’m planning on just having instant oatmeal HOWEVER I get super tempted to get snacks at gas stations… Gosh the temptations!!!

So yeah, today my motivation is probably like a 7 and my eating is like 7.5… I don’t feel particularly great about that.

Part of why I’m so unmotivated is because I stayed up late watching a movie – I had to return the Netflix today so I’ll get a new one tomorrow, you know the drill. Watched Sophie’s Choice. I haven’t cried that hard while watching a single scene in a movie EVER. Definitely a slow start but very interesting.

The movie stars Meryl Streep, who lately I’ve started LOVING pretty much everything she does. If you haven’t seen the movie I recommend it, but definitely on a night where you’re by yourself or maybe one other person, it’s not a good group movie. Definitely a parent’s worst nightmare, hands down.

… switching gears, please wish me luck this weekend! I’m going to be on the road so I may not get 4 days of blogging in a row so forgive me for that! I hope that we find our venue this weekend, I’m prepared to set the date and announce it informally via blogspot and facebook. Sound cool? Thanks, glad we’re in agreement!

No comments:

Post a Comment