Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quick Update to show you all that I'm seriously not at all bummed

Ok, so that last post ended on a depressing note.  YIKES.  And I expect that after a long lapse of posting that many of my regular lurkers (ie people that don't publicly follow me (ie the future inlaws)) probably haven't got around to reading it yet.  So anyways, I figured I'd give everyone a quick wrap up of my awesome weekend.

This weekend was rather interesting and fun I must say.  Friday night I met up with my good friend Erick and we went out for margs (see below for my "I've been drinking margs" face) and Mexican food.  Afterwords we enjoyed a night of Karaoke until closing time.  The fiance and I didn't get to sleep until probably 2 or 3 and we had to get up for premarital counseling the next morning at 6:30.

Looking good, as per usual
Saturday night was just so much fun!  I haven't had a night like that since college.  I ended up seeing some old friends that I haven't seen in YEARS, had some wobbly pops (read: beer) and enjoyed my night in downtown Des Moines.  The story behind the below picture is that this guy started hitting on me at the bar - I was like "not interested buddy" and showed him my engagement ring, to which his friend lifted his hand and showed me his wedding band.  I was like "ummm these things are supposed to repel one another, no?".  But after a few more annoying pick up lines and me going "no thanks" over and over again I got a little fed up.



Victim of my art.
This kid instantly passed out at my friends apartment after last call and started snoring really loudly.  Of course I decided that I would draw on his face because he was annoying me with his snoring and his "I can get any girl" attitude.  So, you'll notice "angry eyebrows", unibrow, kitty whiskers, and a twirly moustache.  Some of my best work if I do say so myself. 

So my friend and I decided that this kid MUST walk outside the apartment without having noticed his new temporary tats.  Our plan included removing the lights from the bathroom and covering the mirror with oven cleaner and posting a sign that says "You are beautiful!" to distract the kid from trying to see what he looked like before he left.


Operation Beautiful was my inspiration.
Of course when I woke up the next morning the first thing I did was tell him to wash his face and apologized!  So a question I must ask you, my dedicated readers:  Is it ok to draw on the face of a married "man" that was hitting on an engaged woman? 

In summary it wasn't the smartest, most mature weekend I've ever had but I sure had fun. 

I just wanted to show you all that despite that last post, I'm doing just fine because I have amazing friends who will help me have fun no matter what!  (Also: the guy I drew on was only mildly upset but said he's had worse things drawn on him)

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! That is awesome!! And yes, it does sound so college....which makes it that much more fun! The only time I drew on someone was my college roommate...So funny how time passes from the day I did that 2 kids for me & 2.5 for her!!! Laugh, laugh, laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete