Monday, September 26, 2011

Easley +

I recently left a job, which in retrospect was not too shabby with the exception of one very imperfect boss who we shall call (for the sake of anonymity) Voldemort.  I just wrote a whole blog about how much this person ticked me off and made my life miserable for 3 years when I was working with them. 

This person quit the Monday after my last day.  No 2 weeks notice, nothing.  That was her last day.

Isn't it ironic?

Well anyways, this morning I am starting my new job.  Let's just say this particular company has a type of wagon "a-coming down the street" and there may be something extra special just for me [MUSIC MAN REFERENCE].

So I'm going into this new job with an open mind and I'm going to honest to God give it a shot and be the best I can at it.  I am really excited about not working as an admin anymore.  Oh, SO excited not to be planning travel... to not have to mail stuff back and forth and meeting insane last minute deadlines.  I'm basically just hoping that this job has me challenged, and satisfied. 

Just the start of how great this job is gonna be is that despite my 45 minute commute, I found someone to drive with and he seems super fun!  He and his fiance just moved here from Virginia and are getting married in January.  It will be great to get to know another couple in Ames, not to mention the money I'll be saving on gas driving back and forth.  WHEW!  For the record, it was going to be about $200 a month plus all those miles on my new [to me] car. 

The husband is enjoying his new job.  This weekend we were actually able to relax and have some fun.  Yesterday we went to Best Buy and bought a new computer.  I'm using it right now and darnitall if I'm not plugged in whilst typing this very blog entry.  Just checked the battery life, looks like I have 4+ hours til it needs some juice!  Before actually buying the computer we went and got lunch at El Azteca, a mexican restaurant.  It was hard for me to stay away from the chips on the table but I did it.  Afterwards we went to Old Chicago and tried a few beers.  I had a Konig Ludwig Hefe Weisen Bier, husband had his favorite, Warsteiner Dunkel.  Then we picked out a beer for each other.  I picked out a japanese beer (the name has escaped me at the moment) and he ordered me a dos equis. 

More about my new computer!  I am gonna download THE SIMS and also ROSETTA STONE.  I'm gonna get my gamer on and my language on.  Special shout out to DW who sent me a copy of Rosetta Stone ITALIAN so I've got my hands full for language learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment