Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gainfully Employed

It's been almost 3 weeks of unemployment since the husband and I moved back to Iowa from Chicago.  Daaaaaaang I've been busy! 

First of all, packing was a P.I.T.A. but unpacking wasn't too darn bad considering we moved into the biggest apartment I think I've ever seen.  We are living in Ames now in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 kitchen apartment.  We've already had friends/family over for a few weekends and it's just been soooo fun having an actual room to offer them to stay in (as opposed to couch only!).

Second of all, I've been searching for jobs - and to be honest in this economy I was super concerned.  Luckily I'm freaking awesome and just found out today that I got a job - pending background checks.  I wonder if this background check includes finding out that I worked at this company for like 3 weeks in 2007 and quit to move to chicago.  SHHHHHHH

So anyways, I'm being vague in this blog post because of the whole "pending background check" thing.  Not that I have anything to worry about - but I just kind of want that whole security badge clipped to my shirt before I start going nuts about this job.  It does sound like a really interesting position - it's NOT doing administrative work which I'm thankful for.  I'm actually going to be working on mortgage processing.  CLOSING THEM, not selling them.  That's important to note here.  So to be freaking honest, I'm kind of excited, but a little bit kicking myself for "burning" a bridge back in 2007 when I quit all the sudden during training to move to Chicago.  Hmmm I changed my name since then, will they know?  I'm gonna say yes.

BUT the thing is that this is a contract job and not a straight to hire job with the company.  

I'm definitely going to miss my current job which is being a stay at home wife.  OMG it is pretty fantastic.  To sound super close minded and snobby - I had no idea that there was so much work to do when you're a stay at home wife.  Seriously.  I have been exhausted after at least 8 hours of working, cleaning, laundry (oops told the husband I was gonna do some for him today but then I had an interview and got a job - guess he'll have to get used to doing his own laundry), dishes, cooking, organizing, working out (hells yes, I'm working out again!).

It's been pretty sweet having the "honey, I'm home" scenario daily for the husband.  Speaking of which, tonight I made enchiladas.  Yesterday was shake-n-bake chicken and mashed potatoes with a garden salad starter.  Don'tcha want to marry me?

Oh btw, I made chocolate chip cookies today.  MMMMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment