Monday, January 26, 2015

Family Weekend Approaching! And other ramblings.



There are few things that can distract me as much as a family weekend coming up. We're hosting our family Christmas this weekend! We like to play a little "off season" because I have 2 older sisters and a younger brother. Each of them have significant others and some of them have kids. So it's harder to divide family time over the holidays and we're all happy to do it this way.

That means I have a million things to do... not the least of which is getting my house in order! It's going to be chaos! But the good kind.

I've put together a grocery list for this week so that we'll have the food we need for our meal (Mexican night, hello guacamole!) and get paper plates and cups because the dishwasher can only handle so much.

Nolan is going to be evicted from his room for the night and we'll keep him in our room so that his room can become a guest room with an inflatable mattress... which I just bought and looks really sweet.

 Speaking of little man, I finally got a picture that captures how he eats:

See what he's doing there? He goes in from the side of the banana. Who does that? If you can picture it, that's also how he eats pizza. He's got the right idea though if you think about it. The toppings are the best part and he's saving his calories for a real treat at the end of the day. I'm just kidding, I actually have no clue what's going on in his head as he never really enjoys carbs in general. Only recently has he started liking toast and other bread-esque foods.

We had a good weekend. I went a little overboard and bought him a ton of cute clothes from Carters. And in true Easley form, I bought a size too big for him so that he can wear it while it's saggy on him and until he grows into them. But the cloth diapers help hold up those pants so it totally makes sense.

I finally got him the vest I've had my eye on for months!

The best part of going shopping in the winter is when you see spring clothes. The winter is ending and it's almost...

#neverforget #jerseyshore #notevenembarrassed

2 comments:

  1. That vest is adorable!

    Muppet eats bananas the same way. It's so weird!

    ReplyDelete