Friday, January 23, 2015

Sleeping Soundly

I think the biggest change since becoming a mom has definitely been a lack of sleep. I heard once (and maybe even blogged about it) that during the first year of life, a parent can lose as many as 44 DAYS worth of sleep. Not just like 44 x 8 hours of sleep = 352 hours of sleep, but 44 x 24 hours in the day = 1056 HOURS worth of sleep.

Now we're finally catching up. On a good day I'll go to bed before 10 and sleep til 6. I couldn't be more thankful that Nolan is sleeping like a baby (who comes up with these phrases?)

Nolan usually goes to bed before 8:00 every night. So that gives me a precious 2 hours to prep something for me to eat for lunches, clean up, but probably most often I capitalize on that time to watch mind numbing TV. Before going to bed though I make sure he's cozy under the covers and last night I got to see him like this:

Those tiny arms!

slightly different angle, totally important to understand how cute this was
So there he was, totally asleep and just so precious. I moved him towards the center of the crib hoping that he won't wake up with every fiber of my being.

This is why I cry tears of happiness... my heart just overflows and it comes out of my eyeballs. I see my little man just cozy in his comfy bed covered by the blanket I used as a baby (thanks Rachael!). I pat his little tushie which promptly shoots back up towards the ceiling and his knees towards his chest. I know that he's a happy boy and that we're going to keep on the track to giving him all that he needs to make sure that he stays happy.

1 comment: