Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pontoon

This is still going to be a hard year. I knew that after Lynn died it would be hard, that little things here and there would remind me of her and I just got slapped in the face with a reminder...

My coworker just announced that Little Big Town is going to be in Ames doing a concert sometime in the next few months which is pretty cool. I don't know many of their songs, but I liked Boondocks. I remember last summer Lynn and Eben came to the house for a random visit and while we were outside I hooked up my phone to play some music. I even made a special playlist just for Lynn with songs that she liked named "Oldies" so that we'd have a more universally liked playlist going on in the background.

We even introduced her to Pandora and how you can make a playlist based after a band you like or a song in particular that you enjoy. Even though you're not guaranteed to listen to that particular song you could hear some music similar to that.

So we were outside on a warm summer day, me, Lynn, Eben, Brian, and probably Nolan. I remember Lynn was searching her mind for the song she liked that summer. Oh yes, it was Pontoon by Little Big Town. She described it like it took her away to some magical place, probably on a boat, drinking a beer (gasp), feeling the wind blowing against your face... you know... just a relaxing day on a boat.

So Little Big Town is coming to town. I remembered that Pontoon was one of her favorite songs.

If she were still alive, I'd probably text her right now to let her know that they're coming and it might be a fun concert to go to. Maybe get her and Eben to come to Ames and have a little date night. Who knows. Honestly I doubt very much that they'd come, but it's definitely something that I think she would have liked to know about considering how she perfectly captured her feelings when she listened to the song Pontoon.

Now of course there's a piece of my heart that feels unresolved here. Yet another shitty reminder that Lynn is no longer with us. We went up to the farm for Mother's Day so Brian could give her some flowers (daisies) which was obviously hard... then there's this. A seemingly insignificant memory that has turned into me crying at my desk yet again.

But I guess I'll listen to the Pontoon Pandora Playlist for the rest of the day in memory of Lynn.

3 comments:

  1. I have seemingly insignificant moments almost every day. Thank you for writing it down. Eben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little moments are so hard. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete