Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Jibber Jabber

Little man and I had a lot of fun together this weekend! I took Friday off so that I could spend the day with my mom at her last ever special olympics!! Since she's retiring at the end of this year, I really don't think she'll be making it down to just check out the events again.

I've "helped" out the past few years. Mostly, I help keep an eye on some of her students if they're particularly wander-y. But this year I was able to have some fun with Nolan at some of the booths! It was a beautiful day!

Eating blueberries after finding my mom and her class
 Noticing that my little man somehow got a taste of independence and tried running away from me several times inspired me to write my cell phone number on his arm. He saw that I could draw on him so he thought it was fun to draw on himself too (hence his left arm)
His first experience with markers btw
 Things got a little crazy and we were arrested for being too awesome.
Bail was set at a bajillion dollars. 
 And this is the best picture I could get of my mom, Nolan and myself.

Then I went to my hometown for the weekend to spend time with my mom for her birthday and the town's annual festival so I could show Nolan his first ever parade. Nolan got the hang of picking up candy for another girl we were sitting next to. It was typical parade candy (like Frooties and dum dum suckers) so Nolan wasn't missing out on anything by sharing. And our parade buddy got a lot of extra candy.

We checked out the train engine at a nearby park. We were able to climb in and pull the bell! Nolan thought this was pretty awesome. A lot of stuff to play with and things to touch!
This was definitely a weekend of us in different vehicle types, that's for sure. 
We played at a nearby park where Nolan's toes touched sand for the first time. We're in Iowa, any sand touching is quite deliberate.
Favorite little trouble maker...
 I'd say it's pretty clear that Nolan had a great time!

And let's not forget that it was my mom's 29th birthday! Nolan wished her a happy birthday properly. I made her cupcakes but forgot them at home. Wah wahhhhh.

Also, Nolan has figured out what boogers are... and uses time wisely in the car by picking them out of his nose. When I get to his door to get him out of the seat... he points at me with his booger laden finger and just says "booger".

Thanks little man.

2 comments:

  1. ha! Button's just started picking his nose as well! he's turned it into a two-handed job... lol
    looks like you had a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! G had started picking his nose, but he lost interest in it pretty quickly. Hopefully, your little one does, too.

    ReplyDelete