Friday, May 1, 2015

Moving On

Brian told me (and I hope this wasn't supposed to be a surprise because I thought it was cute) that one of the things he always loved about his parents' relationship was that his father brought his mother different flowers after they first were married. I believe it was a different flower every day for a week, then every week for a month and then every month for a year. One time, Eben even picked a wild orchid which he later learned was an endangered species... OOPS!

He told me that it's his intention to bring his mother a different flower every year to her grave.

I just think that's so heartbreakingly sweet.

Brian is going up to the farm this weekend to help out and then we'll probably go together next weekend for Mother's Day so he can lay some flowers on her grave.

As for me? My spending frenzy has wound down considerably, but I'm still reaping the rewards I guess. I signed us up for a lawn care service, something I've wanted for a while because my neighbors are like... insane lawn perfectionists. Ne'er a weed in sight. Whereas my lawn is littered with dandelions and prickly thistles. Not exactly what I want Nolan to step his bare feet on during a warm summer's day.

Additionally, I signed us up for Nature Box (supporting the Savage Lovecast) and got us down for a 6 month subscription. I thought it would be fun to get different snacks delivered that Nolan could enjoy and so far I think the carrot/strawberry chews are the winner. In the interest of putting pictures on the blog again, these are what we got:



L to R
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pretzels
Peanut Butter Nom Noms
Sriracha Roasted Cashews
Strawberry Carrot Fruit Chews
Honey Crunch Crisps

And now I'm hungry and I didn't bring any snacks to work... 

2 comments:

  1. ummm - I need a link for Nature Box! (I can probably google it...) carrot/strawberry chews (weirdly) sound REALLY good!!!

    (so sweet Brian wants to continue bringing his mom flowers in the same way as his dad...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Brian's flower idea is lovely. :)

    I shop when I'm grieiving, too. It's either that or punch the wall. I hope it has helped you cope and that you enjoy the services and stuff you bought.

    ReplyDelete