Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Countdown Begins

Yesterday's midwife appointment was actually super dull to be honest. The nurse took my vitals, tested the "sample" I provided, and then the midwife came in and we heard the heartbeat. Since I have my own dopper at home hearing the heartbeat isn't as much of a relief in the midwife's office as it probably is for some.

Maybe I'm just an old hand at this by this point?

The date of the appointment is September 9th... that's less than 4 weeks away! I'm trying to not make a huge deal about it publicly (at work especially) because I want my family to know the sex, if we find out, before everyone else. So when I come in to work late that day I'll just be nonchalant, acting as if I didn't just have a HUGE appointment that morning!

For fun let's see what the old wives tell us I'm having:

Chinese Gender Prediction:
GIRL

Fetal Heart Rate:
Since it's in the 140s and Nolan was in the 140s... I'll go with BOY here

Breakouts/Blemishes:
I had some then they went away, right now my skin is clear so BOY

Ring Over Belly:
It went back and forth so GIRL

Morning Sickness:
Uhhhhuhhhhh... GIRL

Some of the other ones are either too silly (which boob is bigger?) or I'm just not far enough along (are you carrying high or low?) so I'll just leave it there. The facts show we're having a girl... although the heartbeat thing feels like the most scientific of all of them since there's concrete numbers rather than "how are you feeling" when it comes to morning sickness.

We'll see!

If we're having a boy I have to admit I'm going to be a little bummed to not stock up on a new wardrobe but my wallet will be pleased with the cost savings of hand me downs!

Also, just for kicks - here's a picture of how good my nails are looking! Thank you prenatal vitamins and omega 3s!
holding a sharpie to demonstrate that I'll be an amazing hand model should you be hiring... 


1 comment:

  1. dude - my nails are still CRAP despite the prenatals! Jealous!
    CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete