Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Today, I'm EXCITED!

I always get excited on midwife appointment days.

Well... nervous too... but today excited! Probably because I've been kind of sort of feeling movement and can easily hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler!

Why I'm excited today:
1: I get to leave work early... that's ALWAYS exciting in my opinion!
2: I get to schedule my anatomy scan appointment!!
3: It's just fun to pass every midwife appointment milestone...


Here I am at 16 weeks. I seriously think that the 1st tri flew by... however sick I felt I wasn't as scared as I was when I was pregnant with Nolan.

My little baby is about the size of an avocado (which makes me think guacamole would be a real treat this week... does that make it sound like I want to eat my baby?) and 4.6 inches long. Baby can hear my voice and is just growing like crazy!

Back up a little bit...

So yeah, the anatomy scan is THE ultrasound where you find out if you're team pink or blue (or you can be team green... whatever!) so knowing that I'll finally be able to count down the days until that ultrasound REALLY excites me.

With Nolan, I think we agreed that we liked the name Nolan about this time in the pregnancy with him. So going into the scan we knew if it was a boy he'd be a Nolan. We didn't (and still don't) have a name for a girl picked yet. No names are jumping out at us unfortunately. I have a few that I'm warm to but then a few days later I don't feel so excited about it.

But yes, we're definitely finding out.

Earlier in the pregnancy I was taking crazy pills and thought it would be fine to be team green the entire pregnancy. Now that I'm potentially a few weeks away from finding out... I just don't want to wait anymore!

We're going to find out during the ultrasound. Neither of us really want to wait to do something special to find out the sex. While we see the baby is going to be exciting enough! BUT I've planned a little gender reveal (sex reveal, whatever) for my family for when we're in Seattle and it involves cupcakes (again).

This time we're ordering from Cupcake Royale and getting:
The Kate - With a neutral icing
Red Velvet
And probably 2 other flavors to make sure the kids have something they like. So probably:
The Classic
And I'm going to see if they can do a peanut butter cup one.




In case the thought of cupcakes makes you want to snack but you're on a diet... keep reading:

My midwife/OBGYN office asks that we bring in a sample of pee rather than having them take it right there.

I left my sample in my car... in the heat... so it's probably baking in like 90 degrees inside my car giving it that nice homeless person smell. 

1 comment:

  1. (lmao at the pee sample)
    we totally entered button's (gender) ultrasound with one boy name and one girl name - and now, having known Baby Girl is coming for 3.5 weeks now, we still have no girl names! lol

    ReplyDelete