Friday, April 1, 2011

April Can Suck It Day

April Fools Day - worst.holiday.ever.

Ok, so this morning I was on the train... fell asleep on the train as per usual.  Didn't wake up when we got to Chicago.  Didn't wake up when everyone got off the train.  And didn't wake up when they LOCKED THE DOORS!  I was stuck on the train this morning, and having a pretty significant panic attack because I couldn't get out!  I felt like I was stuck in a nightmare... I was like 4 seconds away from calling the metra station itself but as we all know, organizations like transportation companies often don't have immediate access to the guys that can unlock you from the train.

So I did what anyone in a panic would do.  I walked from the back of the train to the front.  About two cars from the very front of the train, I pulled the Emergency Exit lever so that the doors would open.  The lever, when pulled, makes a shrieking, screaming sound, by the way.  Um yeah, I woke up this morning in a daze, on the train, locked in, adrenaline pumping, scared, and pulled the loudest emergency lever ever.

I got off the train and explained why I did what I did to an engineer/conductor.  He looked at me like I was crazy, and I certainly felt like it.

This is unfortunately not some prank I'm trying to pull on the likes of my blog readers.  This really happened to me this morning.  And I'm sharing it with the world to hopefully make peace with what happened and hope that it never ever happens again.

In other news, I'm super pumped for my 5k tomorrow!  I made yummy chicken for lunch!  And I'm doing some light cardio at the gym tonight before going to a FREE comedy show with fiance, an old co-worker and his girlfriend!

3 comments:

  1. Did you really?? OMG that would suck & be kindof scary/freaky too!! Glad to hear you are out now!!

    Best of luck at your 5K!! Call me tomorrow to tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooooow my poor baby !! sounds like a nasty nightmare or Freddy movie !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in Gurnee and took the train into Downtown that was always my biggest fear (and it almost happened once) because it was such a long ride and always way too early in the morning. I thought they're supposed to do a train check but obviously they forgot (or chose not to wake you!)!

    Hope your 5k went well!

    ReplyDelete