Thursday, March 31, 2011

100 days y'all!

It's a really special day today, only 100 days until the wedding.  Oh, it's also the fiance's birthday today... and my brother's too!  Ahhhh we're getting in to the double digit day countdown.  For those of you who don't know me, or don't understand this... I'm a BIG countdowner.  Seriously, it's a sickness.  Thank goodness for the apps I have on my phone because this makes it really easy to keep track of awesome things.

For instance:
22 days until Good Friday (taking Monday off and we get Friday off of work, this is a holiday indeed!)
2 days until my 5k race! 
104 days until we leave for our honeymoon!

 When I have family or friends coming to visit, those countdowns are on there too!  Fortunately for me, my calendar is clear of visitors - that sounded mean but really I need my weekends now! 


Oh, and also - I'm stalking my wedding registry.  Seriously!  This is going to be crazy cuz on Tuesday someone bought us our first gift!  I don't know who bought it yet though, this is fun! 

I have 2 wedding showers in the works coming up so I'm thinking this could be getting more exciting, and I'm also really excited for the bachelorette party coming up as well!

In health/fitness news, I'm still seeing a trainer!  He told me yesterday that I'm his STRONGEST client!  WTF?!  ME?  Seriously?  ME!  I guess I should mention that most people doing training are older, but the girl I work out with (who has been absent the last 2 sessions BTW) is probably my age and definitely not as strong as me.  What a compliment! 

My favorite things to do at the gym are:
Bench Pressing
Triceps workouts
Biceps workouts
Anything that makes my gluts feel sore the next day (this includes lunges and balancing stuff that I've done that are extremely effective)

My diet hasn't been perfect lately, and that I regret.  But given that it's 100 days away from the wedding I'm starting the diet lockdown.  I'm extremely interested in building muscle so a high protein diet is in the cards, my trainer recommended a low carb diet too.  I'm probably not going to do anything crazy low carb, like atkins or something, but I think I'm going to increase my vegetable intake and reduce my fruit.  Also, tilapia is my new best friend.  Joining the ranks of the chicken breast, I eat tilapia at least once or twice a week. 

And this may sound crazy, given that I'm milk's biggest enemy considering I go through probably 3 gallons a week - I'm reducing my milk intake too and trying to drink more water.  I probably would drink anywhere from 6-8 cups a day which can be about 600 calories! 

A few things I have to give up for the time being (and I'm scared to admit this publicly) are the dreaded ICE CREAM and CHIPS!  I should point out these are treats that I enjoy separately.  I don't like dip chips in ice cream, although I'm sure that's delightful.  The problem with giving up a vice is the cravings, and I need to be strong and avoid the temptation.  If only I was perfect... 

Ramble ramble ramble.  This post is all over the place.  I blame the coffee I'm drinking right now. 

Hope you're all having a happy Thursday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment